Small Spicewine Smoker Raffle

ronnyballgame

Got Wood.
The men of Spicewine Ironworks have donated a Small Spicewine Smoker to us for a raffle to coincide with the 2nd Annual Rainbow House Pro-Am Sporting Clays Tournament (please see attachment). Rainbow House is a Children's Emergency Shelter and Regional Child Advocacy Center in Columbia, MO (see below for more details)

The cost of the tickets are $10 each. If anyone had dreamed of owning one of these state of the art smokers, it would be a cheap way to try to get one, and help children that have been put through trauma that no one should ever endure. There are three ways to pay for these tickets. You may send a check to Rainbow House, you may call our office and give us a credit card number, or you can buy them by using my PayPal account. We do not have our new website up yet (under major renovation), so we cannot take payments there. Please look below for that information. Also, if you do not live in the immediate area or cannot pick it up, you will have to pay the cost of shipping and handling. Jay has more information on the cost of shipping these.

I have to applaud Jay, Steve and Randy for their generosity in helping us. We do many fundraising events and drives, but I think that this, by far, will be the best one (and most fun) so far. We anticipate selling 350 tickets or so. Please help Rainbow House with our mission of keeping children safe and to support families in crisis through prevention, assessment and intervention in child abuse and neglect. $10 goes a long way in helping the kids.

Rainbow House Emergency Children’s Shelter
Rainbow House opened in 1986 as a emergency foster care shelter for abused and neglected children and has continually served children since that time. Kathy Hughes, a local nurse and foster parent had a dream that foster children removed from their parents could receive the care they deserved in a nurturing family environment while permanent foster placement was being found for them.

In 1992, services expanded to include temporary care for children whose parents were in crisis and were unable to provide care themselves. These children are able to avoid the foster care system, and are not endangered by inadequate caregivers. With Rainbow House intervention, most of these children return to the care of their parents, and are offered follow up support services and assistance. Some of these Crisis Care placements may be caused by:

• Medical and mental health emergencies
  • Death in the family
  • Parent participation in an alcohol or drug rehabilitation program
  • Highly stressful home situations with little or no support
  • Eviction
  • Lack of food and utilities
  • Domestic Violence
Through home-cooked, shared meals, recreational outings and activities, and the support of loving, nurturing house parents, we hope to return the feelings of family and stability to each child at the shelter. In addition, we provide transportation to school and extracurricular activities to help children maintain some sense of normalcy and connection to established academic and social connections.

Regional Child Advocacy Center
Local professionals conducting investigative interviews with abused children had a desire for a safe, child-friendly place in which to do their work. Rainbow House responded by opening the Child Advocacy Center in 1998. Serving ten counties across Mid-Missouri, the Rainbow House Regional Child Advocacy Center assists in the coordination of investigation and treatment of abuse cases by providing a safe, confidential, and child-friendly environment for the interviewing of child victims of alleged sexual abuse and severe physical abuse. We provide professional digitally recorded forensic interviews that allow children to communicate at their maximum level and embrace the Child First Doctrine: The child is our first priority.

Thanks!

ronnyballgame a.k.a
Ron Graves
Director of Development (the fund raising guy)
Rainbow House
1611 Towne Drive
Columbia, MO 65202
573-474-6600

PayPal account under ronnyballgame@mchsi.com

Attachments

• 2nd Annual Rainbow House Pro-Am Sporting Clays.pdf
    593.9 KB · Views: 96
As a supporter of my county's local Child Advocacy Center (CAC), a Forensic Interviewer of Children, and investigator of crimes against children, I applaud Spicewine Ironworks for their generosity in this venture. I also urge not only Brethren, but everyone to support this cause.

Even if you buy a ticket and don't wina SW, please still support your local CAC. CAC's run off of federal grants and charity donations. The general public has no idea the horror stories these places see on a daily basis. Imagine the worst thing that you can think of happening to a person, then picture your child's face. That is who they help. I cannot begin to stress the importance of CAC's.

BTW, I'll be buying a few tickets. Even if I don't win, I think this helps to solidify my next big smoker purchase.

Great benefit you are putting on. Bretheren should stand up an applaud Spicewire Ironworks for donating there time and talent to help these kids. WTG, makes me proud!

I applaud all of you and will be purchasing some tickets. Way to go Jay, Steve and Randy. That remids me I have to talk to the Boss some more about getting a Large Spiewine over a Medium.... I mean if you are going to do it, then do it! IMO

Tickets at Midwest Bash

If someone is going (I can't - Homecoming at MIZZOU....) I can get some tickets to them to sell for us. I have sold 7 so far frmo my message yesterday, and got a request to go to the BIF contest, so I may see some people out there.

ronnyballgame

10 tickets so far

Guys, I would like to thank you for the ticket purchases so far. We have sold 10 tickets so far.....Come on and take a chance on winning a small Spicewine!!! Only $10...

ronnyballgame

Can I send a check to the person in the original thread, for a couple of tickets?

I dont have paypal.

Back