A Few Crawdads

Before I opened this, I knew it would be good from the title and that it was a Cowgirl cook. Dayum, it was over the top awesome! you camp better tham most people eat on their goos nights

Those 17 people are very lucky to camp with you! :hail::hail:

Marry me...:p Awesome looking grub!

Get in line bro - it's gonna take her years to sort through all the offers.

That looks and sounds like a great time Jeanie! I've somehow gotten this far through my life without having done a boil like that. :tsk: It looks really fantastic and I hope to do that someday. It'd be best if you were cooking! :hungry:

Thank you everybody! It's an easy way to feed a crowd. :-D

Hi Jeanie, your cook looks very mouth watering. Reminds me of the country boils we do, although yours has more stuff in it and thats a good thing,"the more the better"

Love the next morning pic, everyone must have been sacked out still, but you,
and I like a sweet buffet of breakfast.

Is that your campsite behind the table?
Thank you Dport! I added mushrooms (at a friend's suggestion) this time which I usually don't. Honestly, they weren't all that tasty to me. Maybe it was the texture.
Everyone slept late the next day. My tent was down by the lake (the green/grey tent). I had to haul the cooking stuff over to this main campsite in the back of my pickup. It was a fun weekend. Hope to do it again next year.
Thanks again! :-D

Before I opened this, I knew it would be good from the title and that it was a Cowgirl cook. Dayum, it was over the top awesome! you camp better tham most people eat on their goos nights

Those 17 people are very lucky to camp with you! :hail::hail:
Thanks SD! I was afraid everyone would be tired of this meal but they all loved it. Guess it had been 2 years since I made it for them. lol

Marry me...:p Awesome looking grub!
lol Thank you for the kind offer. Very thoughtful of you! :thumb:

Get in line bro - it's gonna take her years to sort through all the offers.

That looks and sounds like a great time Jeanie! I've somehow gotten this far through my life without having done a boil like that. :tsk: It looks really fantastic and I hope to do that someday. It'd be best if you were cooking! :hungry:
lol Greg, thanks! :hug:
You really need to do this. I know your Mrs is allergic but maybe make her a separate pot with no seafood? There was a vegetarian in our group and I made a pot with no sausage or seafood. Seemed to work out ok. lol

I need to make it out West.

Looks Great.

Ribeye, you do need to make it out this way. I hope to hit some of the lakes on your side of the state. Will let you know when I do. Thanks!

Thanks again for the kind comments everyone!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Going camping this weekend....might just have to do this for a meal! Looks great as always!

Thanks CakeM1x! It's an easy meal for camping. If you give it a try, keep me posted please! :thumb:

"There were 17 of us on Saturday night. Some from Kansas, Oklahoma and Colorado. I didn't know everyone but it was a lot of fun. :)"

Jeanie, you know all us. Next time just do an invitation on BBQ Breathren and we'll ALL be there! :)

Gotta do this crawdad thing someday! Thank you!

Thanks! I think we do need to have an Oklahoma Brethren Bash. :-D

Thank you everybody!...
lol Greg, thanks! :hug:
You really need to do this. I know your Mrs is allergic but maybe make her a separate pot with no seafood? There was a vegetarian in our group and I made a pot with no sausage or seafood. Seemed to work out ok. lol

There ya go - great idea and it's gonna happen soon! :whoo:

Thanks so much Gary, Krex and Ed! :)

Looks great Jeanie! Haven't done a boil in years :( ....mushrooms? Haven't seen that one before.
I hadn't tried the shrooms either. Friends recommended them but I think I'll skip em next time. They were a bit rubbery. Thanks!!

There ya go - great idea and it's gonna happen soon! :whoo:
Keep me posted Greg! Or better yet, come on out for the next camp out. :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
That meal looks waaaay GOOD! even through the smoke and haze over here...
Good job again, :thumb:
Thanks for sharing.

OMG I think I am in love Looking at that table that would have bee just enough for me :grin:
Thank you George! :-D

That meal looks waaaay GOOD! even through the smoke and haze over here...
Good job again, :thumb:
Thanks for sharing.
Shoot Rick, I've been keeping an eye on the drought out your way. Hope you all keep safe!! Thanks Friend!

Cowgirl
Give me a few minutes to think of what to say. At the moment, I'm speechless sister.
SGH, You are so kind... thank you very much! :hug:

• Thanks
Reactions: SGH
Back