THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KC Smoke

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Dirt
So there's a garlic Throwdown in the works. I had to try one of my favorite garlic heavy dishes with a bit of a smokey twist.
First, heads of garlic were slow roasted in my Weber kettle with a small fire.

20240403-175023.jpg

20240403-195841.jpg

I made a little "campfire" with some small oak logs that I had. On goes the cast iron with all the components waiting.

20240403-205059.jpg

Used a bunch of raw garlic along with shallots, olive oil, butter, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Also a generous pour of good Chablis. (Don't cook with wine you wouldn't drink.)

20240403-205322.jpg

Baguette was grilled with EVOO and then a spread of the roasted garlic puree and a touch of salt.

20240403-210551.jpg

Then in to the bowl and time to eat!

20240403-210807.jpg

Garlic on garlic on garlic! It was a super delicious classic with just a bit of smokey goodness.

Last edited:
Shots fired indeed! Holy smokes that looks good and had to taste even better. Two of my favorite good groups, mussels and garlic toast. Well played! :thumb:

Damn that looks like amazing! Looks like something you'd get as an appetizer in a nice resturaunt or pub food.

I love mussels, they never seem to get much attention, but I like to grab the big bag of them at Costco and go to town.

That looks good. But im pretending those are clams since i hate mussels. Can't stand their hairy beards.

Back