Another Pambazo

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
This one was a shrimp and crab pambazo. I think this was my favorite.

They are traditionally made with beans, tatoes and chorizo. Last one I made with shredded beef shanks.
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304193

made some guajillo pepper sauce.
iuKw9lA.jpg

ZLgOT3U.jpg

cleaned the dried chiles, brought the chiles to a simmer and let them set til pliable.

91IrfDX.jpg

blended with onion, garlic, chicken bouillon, salt, mexican oregano, fresh water. The steeping water can get bitter so I use fresh sometimes.

fePqNNp.jpg

strained the sauce to get rid of any remaining bitter bits.

UxH7YN6.jpg

went with crab meat and shrimp...

T4UWPNa.jpg

prepped the meat and coated the shrimp in some of the guajillo sauce.

Wu9K688.jpg

gave the bolillos a good coating of sauce

Ph5K3TJ.jpg

n2ERsqm.jpg

and fried til crisp..

wjaZBje.jpg

I8fZQ2c.jpg

v7vz6Ei.jpg

miojn3S.jpg

next the shrimp..

lgI91x6.jpg

euJBXGv.jpg

UanJ78e.jpg

iNIWF80.jpg

Started the build with Salvadorian cream...

EdINp9A.jpg

lettuce, scallions and a bit of cotija cheese..

MB7j5Na.jpg

shrimp..

MMYqxcz.jpg

more cheese...

8gUzCeQ.jpg

crab...

shSwz2D.jpg

lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro..

g4XZAYl.jpg

gSNCq4c.jpg

more cream...

Qsv8RFx.jpg

Supper was ready.

TuRdIQl.jpg

I smooshed it down and cut it in half.

ZuHte7W.jpg

I really liked this one. The slight crispiness of the bread and flavor of the sauce add a lot. :-D

Thanks for lookin'!

Your pantry of ingredients never ceases to amazing me. Salvadorian cream? I wouldn't even know what store to find that at! :laugh:

Looks great, there are a lot of other stuff in life that might not be worth the effort but good food always is imo, thanks for sharing another great meal.

I've never had (or heard of) one of these, but I'm all in.

Seen any good deer yet? We've got a few nice ones on camera. Hoping to get a nice first-bow buck for my grandson. Good luck to y'all out west.

That is another awesome and unique cook in the books. You worried me in the beginning when you said these are traditionally made with beans. Now you are going to start a whole new debate: Pambazo- beans or no beans :laugh:

Fabulous cook as always Ms. Jeanie, now I might have to change my lunch plans...

I've tried Mexican crema in the past and didn't really care for it. But a Google search showed that even Mexicans preferred the Salvadoran crema as it's more sour. Sounds like the Cacique brand is a favorite among many. My local Mexi-Mart has five different brands. What brand of Salvadoran crema do you prefer?

Back