Winter is coming...

We hit it years round here also………Here's the eggs chugging away last December with a couple of butts! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_0799.jpg
    IMG_0799.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 87
Hell yeah. I think it was last year I saw a post here from some dude in
Alaska I believe and he was smoking in like -50. lol.... now thats a winter. :laugh:

I think it was me in Indiana, the Midwest was colder over all than Alaska this last Winter. It was 20 below with - 50 windchill. I wanted to see if i could do a bird in my mini @ 350 in those conditions.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178819

Stupid cold i gotta say, the squeak of the snow made a eerie sound...even my snow dogs had a hard time walking on it.

I think it was me in Indiana, the Midwest was colder over all than Alaska this last Winter. It was 20 below with - 50 windchill. I wanted to see if i could do a bird in my mini @ 350 in those conditions.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178819

Stupid cold i gotta say, the squeak of the snow made a eerie sound...even my snow dogs had a hard time walking on it.

Maybe it was. I thought I remembered something about Alaska, but that post looks familiar. Regardless... that's pretty damn cold! Them dogs look comfortable though. :mrgreen: Our dogs, a pug and chihuahua, especially the chihuahua had a tough time this winter. They've never seen 1 ft of snow, much less try to walk in it. and that chihuahua hates the cold like no other. pug loves it. lol... This past winter was one of the coldest I can remember in St. Louis. I think the coldest we got was -20 or -30 with wind chill. But I was out there queing anyway! I actually like it since it's really easy to keep the beer cold! :clap2: and the egg just chugged along like any other day.

Harsh! I cook outside all year and I STILL like the slow cooker, especially during the week when I have no time for cooking.

I like to do a lot of stew and pot roast. Whole chickens come out good, too.

Ha! Word to that :clap2: I love my pressure cooker and crock pot during the week as well. All a slow cooker is doing is braising, which is very much a widely used form of cooking in the culinary world. I wasn't aware the term "Man Card" was still a thing or that people worry so much about others manhood in general :p. Must be the same folks that like the grunting Tim Allen did on that improvement show because everything has to be manly.....and stuff :roll:.

I've been using mine for leftover bbq trimmings to turn the meat into pulled pork/beef/chicken for tacos during the week. Toss the meat in with some chopped onions, peppers and spices. Rock on crock pot!

I never stop cooking outside as we hardly have "winter" anyway. In those cooler months we do several "big pot" meals: chili, gumbo, jambalia, split pea soup with ham, and lots of different Italian dishes.

Carnitas. It's a three day process to make: Day 1, cubing the pork butt, applying a rub, and marinating over night; Day 2, frying in olive oil and transferring to crock pot to slow cook the second night in a mixture Coca-Cola and broth; Day 3, chowing down.

Portabella-beef-barley stew with New Castle Brown Ale.

First post so I'll keep it sweet. Like Vegas says I never stop during winter. Here in Arkansas it doesn't get brutal cold. We kill a lot of wild hogs so the smoker stays going. I cook on a Horizons offset 20" and love it. Thinking about going to a Yoder Durango. Buddy of mine just got one and I am envious. Sure would like to have the vertical for ribs. He says it will hold 215° or so while main chamber is at 300°. I love smoking and it can be hot or cold. Sitting by that cooker and smelling what is to come is just perfect for me.

Coq Au Vin and Beef Bourguignon are two of my favorite indoor dishes to prepare. I also make chili in the winter, because who want chili in the summer, but i put that on the smoker for a while. I am considering making a smoky version of Coq Au Vin.

Harsh! I cook outside all year and I STILL like the slow cooker, especially during the week when I have no time for cooking.

I like to do a lot of stew and pot roast. Whole chickens come out good, too.

All in fun Brother. I too know how the cold wind can blow. :thumb:

:icon_smile_tongue:Chilli, gumbos, and stews! Lots of great uses for vacuum packed leftover sausages and meats in the crock!

All year round for me! Smoke smells so nice in the crisp air.

I cook outside year round. Ain't no farkin snow and cold gonna keep me from good BBQ. Last winter had to dig a path to the Weber's to cook! I always know keep a snow shovel out back for the dog and the grills!

Back