Where to Buy DeBoned BB Ribs (Finger-Ribs)

Plata-O-Plomo

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Martin
Its been a while since I posted, ...I have sinned!

Experimenting with Rib Fingers (de-boned BB ribs and sliced into fingers) and a couple racks of baby backs (sweet for the wife and neighbors). I de-boned a rack and a half to make into rib sandwiches for fishing tomorrow and the next day. De-boning those MF'ers was a pain in the butt.

I did a Google search on purchasing already de-boned BB ribs but did not find anything other than already de-boned ribs, cooked, sauced and sold. Do any of you know of a vendor that sells already de-boned ribs? I ask in that if they turn out good I want to do them again.

Here is what I did:

De-boned the ribs and cut them into finger size pieces.
Rubbed with Killer Hog's Rub.

Put in the frig for a couple of hours.
I have them in the smoker now @ 250. Went an hour and did my first spritz with apple juice and apple cider vinegar. Will spritz every 30 minutes until probe tender. Check for tenderness @ two hours. Go another 15 minutes if needed or go to the next step.

After two hours, if tender, I will crank the heat to 350. I want to get a bark on all four sides.

Go 1/2 hour, flip them.
Pull after 1 hour.
Rest
Get my eat on!

I stole all this from several different pit guys on u-tube. I am not inventing this. Hopefully I am going to get some good sandwiches out of it.

Thanks for the help!

Hardees had these on a sandwich and the local Meijer used to carry them. Ribs weren't terrible but too much sauce. Hope this helps

Al “Bubba” Baker, the former NFL football player (Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions), is the entrepreneur behind De-Boned Baby Back Ribs (now branded as Bubba’s-Q Boneless Ribs.

Well, I LIKE them! I got bark on all sides of each one. They are a bit dry. I believe I over cooked them by 20-30 minutes. Still mighty good though.

Had a couple ribs on a bun with some Blues Hog Tennessee Red Sauce for fishing today. It was awesome! I figured it needs some dill pickles though so I picked up some chips on the way home.

Thanks for your comments gents! Have a great week!

I saw a youtube video recently from the the Trendkill dude where he deboned some ribs to make fingers. I haven't tried it myself, but it looked like a pretty efficient process. Obviously not as quick as buying them that way, though...

I've never seen deboned rib fingers for sale in a grocery store. A local butcher can probably hook you up, but I'd expect to pay an additional fee for the additional cutting.

Back