Where do you buy brisket?

Anyone buy from Mr. Brisket online? I'm in Chicago, the point is like a Leprechaun, often spoke about but never seen, they offer them... Any advice?

Yea I see that now. Are these briskets flat and point?
Interesting question.

I dunno if I've ever seen a brisket for sale that has been separated into flat and point....I only find them whole in vac-packs.

I'm pretty much 100% Costco these days.

However, the other day I saw emails from Sam's club...and I think perhaps they've just been silently renewing my account there for years now...I need to run over there and see.

I believe they carry cuts of beef that Costco doesn't...like Beef Cheeks which I want to try out...

But yeah...Costo prime here last I saw was like $4.99/$5.99 a pound.

Geez, I miss the days only a couple years ago where I used to still see choice briskets for $1.99/lb.....and even 10 years ago at $0.99/lb on sale.

Ah...those were the days.

C

Just a heads up, Costco in my area of PA only sells Brisket flats. And they charge like $6/lb for them. Don;t be a sucker if your local Costco is the same. I refuse to get a Costco membership till they sell Whole packers in my area. lol, I have Sams and BJ's, RD, and the restaurant store, so no sweat off my back.
Just a quick heads up...tap on the window and talk to the butchers.

Ask them if they have whole packers....they very likely do if you can get to them before they cut them all up for display.

I've done this with other cuts to get them whole vac-pak...and yes, the price was lower for the uncut ones.....

Next time I got to Costco, going to ask them for what I think is called a whole chuck roll and see if/what I can get....and butcher the rest myself.

HTH,

Cayenne

Just a quick heads up...tap on the window and talk to the butchers.

Ask them if they have whole packers....they very likely do if you can get to them before they cut them all up for display.

I've done this with other cuts to get them whole vac-pak...and yes, the price was lower for the uncut ones.....

Next time I got to Costco, going to ask them for what I think is called a whole chuck roll and see if/what I can get....and butcher the rest myself.

HTH,

Cayenne
I did ask. Even asked the store manager. He said they dont even have a sku to put in a request to corporate or something like that.

Wife bought 2 at Kroger's for $1.99lbs last weekend, last time she bought 8 lol
Oh cool!!

What a score!! I'd have stocked up too!!

Last week or so, we had pork butts (shoulder roasts) for $0.88/lb....I stocked up on those.

This week, it looks like St. Louis spare ribs for $1.99/lb....gonna load up a few of those too.

Might I ask whereabouts in the US you live with those $1.99/lb Kroger Brisket prices???

Thank you in advance,

cayenne

Is that a place or something else?
Typically, you have to have a business license to get in there, not a Food business necessarily. We have been going there for many years even when my wife had a beauty shop, there are two in Minnesota, one of them anyone can go to you do not need a business license in that city because from what I hear that city can’t have membership stores
Walmarts, Krogers, HEB. $2.29 - $3.69 /Lb.
We haven’t bought Walmart briskets for probably seven years. We tried them a few times and they were tougher and not as good and took a lot longer to smoke. Maybe they’ve changed. Maybe we got a bad batch. I’m not sure but we don’t even look at Walmart for brisket.
No one answered so I’ll ask again:
How is the quality of the meat?
Is it the same as I get from the butchers?
How is the quality of meat at what store?

Typically, you have to have a business license to get in there, not a Food business necessarily. We have been going there for many years even when my wife had a beauty shop, there are two in Minnesota, one of them anyone can go to you do not need a business license in that city because from what I hear that city can’t have membership stores

We haven’t bought Walmart briskets for probably seven years. We tried them a few times and they were tougher and not as good and took a lot longer to smoke. Maybe they’ve changed. Maybe we got a bad batch. I’m not sure but we don’t even look at Walmart for brisket.

How is the quality of meat at what store?
Most times it's not the quality of the meat but the buyers ability to chose. I've stepped right over a prime and choice to buy a select with a huge point and little flat.
Chose wisely be rewarded

Oh cool!!

What a score!! I'd have stocked up too!!

Last week or so, we had pork butts (shoulder roasts) for $0.88/lb....I stocked up on those.

This week, it looks like St. Louis spare ribs for $1.99/lb....gonna load up a few of those too.

Might I ask whereabouts in the US you live with those $1.99/lb Kroger Brisket prices???

Thank you in advance,

cayenne
Knoxville Tn area

Back