THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There are many tweaks and things that I have done. Some of the most influential things have been, my UDS, probing a brisket instead of temping, Oakridge, Sucklebuster, and John Henry's bbq rub, and the usefullness of Malort :puke:

Everything I know about cooking with wood or coals came from this site. So hard to pick a specific topic. Bludawg's Brisket is probably the best lesson I have gotten here.

Besides all of the great cooking tips, learned a lot about different smokers. After reading everyone’s thoughts on their own gear, decided that an insulated vertical cabinet was what I wanted/needed next!

I started smoking fish about 30 years ago, then some various meats. I stumbled on this site a couple of years ago and it has definitely upped my game.

Where I have made the biggest strides is in self discipline, not to rush out and buy the next gadget on brickseek that I don't need. Thank you all for that! :-D

Hot 'n Fast set me free. I did lots of overnight cooks at 225-250 because cooking over 250 was not barbecue. BluDawg's brisket opened my eyes. Since I started cooking briskets in one day instead of 2, I cook them more often. And not just briskets. 275 is now my normal cooking temp. Learned it here.

Back