THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HF here, too. It's almost like having a flame thrower. Great fun using it at night.
20% coupon makes them very economical. I have the one with the igniter - the trick is to just barely open the valve when firing it up.
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

It is 500,000 BTU's but you don't have to use all of them to warm up a cabinet or sanitize the grates. I run mine about 1/4 throttle and it works great. Now if I were actually burning weeds I would let it eat.

Harbor Freight has them for about $20 and a 20% off coupon is available. I've used them for years....sure they don't last forever but I'm going on 4 years with my current one with knock on wood no problems. They get PLENTY hot enough....

No point in spending a ton of money on something like this. I have a HF one as well. Think I paid $20 for it 5 years ago. I volunteer my time trimming the trees on our roads. The HF burner has 0 troubles igniting freshly cut Ponderosa Pine...makes short work out of the Mesquite chunk charcoal and the KBB....

Harbor Freight here as well. I had the one with the ignition first which worked for about a year, the torch started leaking pretty bad after that. I went with the cheap one after that and it has been rock solid for probably 3+ years now. It is rusted, looks like hell and does exactly what I need it to.

Back