Blue Smoke Smoker Owners: What size water pan?

cayenne

is one Smokin' Farker
Hi folks,

I hope to see my Blue Smoke Smoker come in middle of this month (Sept).

I'm having the small heat deflector that sits on the grate right near the firebox....similar in fashion to the one you see on the Franklin pits....I was inspired by folks here who have the BS pits.

Anyway, I was wondering...what size and what type pan do you get to put there for a water pan?

I'm guessing one of those restaurant food services pans that goes over a burner or water bath....but I don't know the actual name of them to search for, nor the dimensions.

Any help please?

Thank you in advance!!

cayenne

I have a loaf pan I use on mine -

I have seen some folks use a painters mud pan - easily fits on the above grate baffle you are getting

Thank you!!

Might I ask where you sourced yours?

Again, thank you!!

cayenne

Sorry for the late response, I just saw this question. I picked it up from Restaurant Depot, but you can also order them online at Webstaurant.com.

what is the blue smoke smoker? oh I see....for some reason I thought those were/used to be referred to as blue collar smokers.

what is the blue smoke smoker? oh I see....for some reason I thought those were/used to be referred to as blue collar smokers.

Originally were Blue Collar Smokers - but there was another group down in San Antonio that used a similar name - thus the change to Blue Smoke

Hopefully soon...

I spoke to Phil on the phone last week....
It appears my smoker should be completed sometime late this week....so, I'm guessing shipment after that.

It appears there is another smoker being delivered actually not far from me in town here, and possibly one more to MS somewhere...

Anyway, hoping this gives us a break on shipping by putting them all on same truck...

AND...I think I actually found someone to deliver me some wood at a reasonable price....about $350/cord.

Reminds me...I need to call the guy back and set up an order.

Geez, I feel like a kid at Xmas time....waiting on Santa to visit....haha.

I spoke to Phil on the phone last week....
It appears my smoker should be completed sometime late this week....so, I'm guessing shipment after that.

It appears there is another smoker being delivered actually not far from me in town here, and possibly one more to MS somewhere...

Anyway, hoping this gives us a break on shipping by putting them all on same truck...

AND...I think I actually found someone to deliver me some wood at a reasonable price....about $350/cord.

Reminds me...I need to call the guy back and set up an order.

Geez, I feel like a kid at Xmas time....waiting on Santa to visit....haha.

What you have planned for your maiden cook ?

Back