Propane Burner Shielding Question

Oh, I have a carbon steel wok and a wok-ring for my Tejas-smokers burners (1 - 40K BTU, 1 - 120K BTU) - I just don't know what the hell I'm doing!

Just fry up a bunch of veggies and meat on high heat in soem high temp oil. With ginger and garlic in it. ANd then sauce it with say a lot of soy sauce and some lemon juuice perhaps. Maybe add a drizzle of sesame oil after it's cooked. I do the one handed flip thing with left hand and have utensil in my right.

Use the 120K btu burner as it is just enough -- 40K btu is way too little. The higher the BTU the better.

Does the wok ring stay put? With outdoor stir fry the wok is in constant motion usually.

bbqgeekess said:
Just fry up a bunch of veggies and meat on high heat in soem high temp oil. With ginger and garlic in it. ANd then sauce it with say a lot of soy sauce and some lemon juuice perhaps. Maybe add a drizzle of sesame oil after it's cooked. I do the one handed flip thing with left hand and have utensil in my right.

Use the 120K btu burner as it is just enough -- 40K btu is way too little. The higher the BTU the better.

Does the wok ring stay put? With outdoor stir fry the wok is in constant motion usually.

Here's my burner. I bought it for frying and making gumbo/jambalaya. It has a wind screen and side tables. When I ordered it, the wok ring was an option. They recommend buying then because they notch it out to attach to the grates.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I've only tried to use the wok a couple times, and TBH am not very good at it. I guess I need to practice.

(Sorry it's so dirty. It's been in the garage all winter.)

Here's my burner. I bought it for frying and making gumbo/jambalaya. It has a wind screen and side tables. When I ordered it, the wok ring was an option. They recommend buying then because they notch it out to attach to the grates.

I've only tried to use the wok a couple times, and TBH am not very good at it. I guess I need to practice.

(Sorry it's so dirty. It's been in the garage all winter.)

Sweet! I love it :) Nice burner and wok :) I made a video for ya.. in previous post here in this thread.

Back