Weber Charcoal Summit Thread

Great video and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Also thank you for this classic Weber frame, you did not disappoint!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 545
I love the part when the sticker rips coming off the hinge. I really hate those cheap paper stickers and they're always in a high visibility area.

The Star Wars band was great too.

Looks like a very well made, well designed cooker.

Those stickers drive me nuts. There's no excuse for it. Took like 10 minutes to get all that crap off there. lol

Somebody asked me about this a couple of week's ago and it inspired this entire video. lol. I hope you guys enjoy it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTcozmUSWw4[/ame]

I finally broke down and fired it up. Videos take me a week (or more) to make. I was going to do a walk around tour but after I filmed it, it was WAY to long (and I wasn't happy with it anyways) so what I'm going to do is just start using it and talk about the grill likes and dislikes as they come up organically.

Last night I did a test burn with 1 slightly heaping chimney of charcoal. The grill ran a little hot. However, the temp control was much more stable than I expected. I thought it would be like an Akorn or Keg (very efficient, cool to touch, a little touchy with air control), but it actually felt much more like the KJBJ and BGE XL (stable temps, hotter on the outside, bigger and more stable fire).

Having said that, it was only one cook and the weather was perfect (no wind) so it's really too soon to draw any conclusions.

During the test burn, it ran for about 10 hours on 80% of a percent of a chimney of charcoal. (I started with a full chimney plus a slight heap but not all of it caught fire.) The average temp was probably around 250 degrees. Not bad.

Great video and I am subscribed. I was in a local HW store that carries the Green Egg 24" and the BGE Table. They cost together around $2400 plus tax. I am still wondering if BGE or Komado cookers are getting a pass as to their actual cost.

Keep the videos coming, until mine is delivered, I am living vicariously through your post (and others who have first hand experiance with the SCG).

Im glad someone with it finally said it, its a kamado! I had been looking at caliber kamados for 2 years because they were higher end than akorn and alot damn lighter than the ceramics. its looked like if ranch kettle and a akorn with the table had sex, this would be the baby lol

Great video and I am subscribed. I was in a local HW store that carries the Green Egg 24" and the BGE Table. They cost together around $2400 plus tax. I am still wondering if BGE or Komado cookers are getting a pass as to their actual cost.

Yeah, I wonder that too. One thing I've noticed in recent years since the competition has picked up is that the BGE's (at least around here) are getting a little cheaper. I doubt the list price has dropped but the venders are more likely to make deals.

To be fair to the ceramic makers it does cost much more to make them then the Weber that's thin gauge steel.

Awesome videos! I just got back from a deployment and discovered this little gem. I am very excited and I think this thing is pretty awesome! The price is high though.

Does it? Ceramic is pretty cheap and there is not much to a typical kamado set up. I bet they aren't that far apart.
Yea when you compare the cost of making ceramic from molds to something made from sheet steel it's not going to be close. Ceramic will be much higher overall cost. Once Weber made the tooling it's cheap for them where as with the ceramic it's the same process over and over.

Pouring the mold, cleaning it up, then baking them....it's costly.

Yea when you compare the cost of making ceramic from molds to something made from sheet steel it's not going to be close. Ceramic will be much higher overall cost. Once Weber made the tooling it's cheap for them where as with the ceramic it's the same process over and over.

Pouring the mold, cleaning it up, then baking them....it's costly.

I am not so sure, after all they are made in Mexico, not exactly expensive labor.

Plus, I suspect Weber has new tooling for this product, being a different size, shape, and double walled. They will certainly need to recoup the roi for this tooling.

Back