Weber 3 Star Review. Weber Reached Out.

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
I recently purchased a Weber E-310 propane grill. Weber asked me for a review. I gave it an honest 3 out of 5 stars along with the reasons why.

They wrote me and wanted more input. I told them. I thought it was nice that they replied. The following is part of the email.

[FONT=&quot]Izzy V.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (Weber Grills) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]May 15, 2023, 08:26 CDT [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hi Mike,

I saw your 3-star review on the Spirit E-310 and wanted to reach out. I'd love the opportunity to turn your experience around. Is there anything I can do to help?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Izzy V.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weber Consumer Care Team [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weber-Stephen Products LLC[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Greetings Izzy V.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for reaching out. I have been grilling and smoking on Weber’s for many years. Back around 2009 (I think). I bought a Weber Spirit E-320 from Home Depot for $349. That thing was stainless steel cook body and built like a Tank. I replaced 3 sets of burners, flavorizer bars and grills since that time. It should be all on record with Weber as I always ordered from Weber and registered all my Weber grills and smoker.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Since purchasing the E-310 and assembling it, I’ve found it to be flimsy. The fit, materials and finish are poor at twice the price. I relied on the Weber name that has served me well over the years. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will say that it works and turning out good food so far. I did not mean this reply in a derogatory way. This is meant as input on a Great Product that has declined.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am a member of 2 large BBQ sites. I’m also hearing complaints about Weber’s Customer Service these days. Weber used to be second to none in that area. I understand that inflation has taken it’s toll on everyone.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best Regards,[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mike[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Good morning Mike,

Thanks for getting back to me! We appreciate your loyal business for so many years and are sorry to hear you are not pleased with the quality of your new Spirit E-310 as you were with your past grills.

Here at Weber, we stand by the quality of our products and cover them under great warranties. Our main goal is to have you love our products just as much as we do. I will be bringing feedback about your experience to the appropriate teams.

Our Weber agents are always here to help, so please do not hesitate to reach back out with any questions, concerns, or even photos of what's on the grill!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Izzy V.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weber Consumer Care Team [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weber-Stephen Products LLC[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

At first, it sounded like Weber gave a crap, but then, 100% corporate crap.
I've currently have (3) 22" kettles, a worn out GA, and as of yesterday, a Q1200.
I've given at least 3 kettles as gifts.
I'd already decided my next kettle will be a SNS.
Sad to see the decline of a once fantastic company.

At first, it sounded like Weber gave a crap, but then, 100% corporate crap.
I've currently have (3) 22" kettles, a worn out GA, and as of yesterday, a Q1200.
I've given at least 3 kettles as gifts.
I'd already decided my next kettle will be a SNS.
Sad to see the decline of a once fantastic company.

I bought the SNS and it's not the same quality of a Weber. I gave it to a coworker and bought another Weber 70th 22" grill.

I just purchased a new 26" from Weber.

I have no complaints other than the massive price increase. The darned thing is a beast. As well built as any of the 22s I have. I was shocked by the weight of the thing. Nothing flimsy here as far as I can see. And all the nuts are locking. No crappy pressed nuts on mine.

I was glad to hear that they actually reached out to you, even if it was a bunch of corporate speak. That's how they're trained to respond.

A Weber 26 is to be my next purchase real soon.
I’d give the SnS a thought, but they aren’t 26” and I need bigger than a 22.

I just purchased a new 26" from Weber.

I have no complaints other than the massive price increase. The darned thing is a beast. As well built as any of the 22s I have. I was shocked by the weight of the thing. Nothing flimsy here as far as I can see. And all the nuts are locking. No crappy pressed nuts on mine.

I was glad to hear that they actually reached out to you, even if it was a bunch of corporate speak. That's how they're trained to respond.

Yo Craig, How tight does that lid seal on the 26" model? The reason I ask is the newer models of the 22" that are in the stores do not seal whatsoever. I was given a 2017 model and the first time I fired it up, smoke came up all around the unit. Before I fired the thing up, I noticed that the lid could easily be spun around the base. I had thought that when heated by the fire, the expanding metal would help seal the lid around the base. This was not the case and this made fire control non-existent.

The older versions of the kettles I own do seal tightly. Even when there is no fire in the base, the lid fits tight. Once the lid is placed on the base and sealed, if you want to adjust the position of the lid so the vent is down wind, you must remove it to make that adjustment. The new ones in the store are just as loose as the 2017 model I own.

I called customer service and the technician said that this is how the new ones are supposed to "seal". I received a follow up email from customer service and complained once again about the sealing issue and ten days later I have not received a reply. The stores around here do not have the 26" model on display so I have no way of checking one out in person. So does this sealing problem exist with your 26" Kettle?

Thanks,

Juggy

My 26" I purchased last year the lid has some gaps, meaning you can move it side to side slightly as there is a gap, and spins freely. That said, it does leak smoke out of the sides, but when I slide it forward or back it seems to move the smoke to 3/4 of the side not touching. I still can maintain temps pretty easily, but then again I'm doing 1-4 hour cooks while I'm swimming or playing with kids and constantly checking the temp and have to make very few adjustments if any at all, not 8+ hour cooks unattended.

I bought the SNS and it's not the same quality of a Weber. I gave it to a coworker and bought another Weber 70th 22" grill.

That's very disappointing to hear. I had been considering the SNS kettle. Any specific complaints on the SNS?

At least they responded. If anything its further acknowledgement by your review that they know quality isn't as good as it used to be.

Did someone say no more stamped nuts? Best news all day, lol.

I have a few Webers myself but all kettles. 1988 (wood handles) Smoky Joe still in the box, 1993 WGA (again wood handles), A 22" redhead that I gave to my bro and 2019 Weber 26.

I ordered the 26 off of Amazon and the quality was so bad that Amazon actually stopped selling them and their reasoning was "manufacturing defects". They have since brought it back. My lid and bowl were so out of round that they didn't close. They sent me 2 new bowls and 1 new lid that finally mated perfectly. I had 2 bowls and 1 lids leftover and oddly the leftover lid fit great on one of the bowls as well. Weber didn't want nothing back for obvious reasons so I ordered a few parts and put the "extra" kettle on a cart. :-D Both 26 kettles have been perfect and leakproof. Their service rocks.

I2zCURDh.jpg

Back