THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the textured paint is a pain when you are cleaning it but thats about the only complaint i had man i miss my jambo wish i would have kept it the best stick burner ever . i paid 1750 in 09 for mine sold it for 1750 in 2012 . its worth the money

Is Jamie and his crew still making them or are they outsourcing the backyard model?

Looks great! I am considering one of these but didn't know that the price had gone from $1,895 to $2,300+. Let us know how you like it...

Is Jamie and his crew still making them or are they outsourcing the backyard model?

Not sure. I got the impression that the Backyard is being outsourced locally, but I forgot to ask. I think he mentioned he is getting 10 a month. I think there were 5 there when I picked mine up. If they're built to his spec by someone else, it doesn't really bother me - especially if it means he is able to get the customs out to folks faster. Not to mention I didn't have to wait for one.

Have you fired it off yet? I would be going crazy by now!:mrgreen:

Not yet. I've been incredibly busy, and the weekend doesn't look much better. I'll try to get some more pictures up soon, though.

Here are a few pictures of the cook chamber...

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

That's a sweet looking rig. I'd like to find out we're he gets the paint. The only thing I ad to mine that he doesn't is front casters. Plus his fit and finish are better than mine.

Congrats.

Awesome, seeing these pics makes me wish I didn't spend so much money on my brew stand. Wife keeps me on a tight toy leash.

Nice pit.

I purchased a Jambo Backyard and received it in April of 2014. I am now wondering if mine was a prototype of the new backyard. I was told it was the last one that Jamie built before these came out. Everything is identical except for the stack damper and the 3/8 firebox door. He didn't paint the handles and hinges black on mine either.

Managed to take a few pictures before the food disappeared last weekend. The ribs turned out a little darker than I expected - I probably should have wrapped a little sooner.

I also threw on one of those heat & eat Hillshire Farms smoked sausages. I cut it longitudinally about halfway through before putting it on the Jambo, then sliced it up once it was warm. It vaporized off of the cutting board.

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

Back