Ware's Jambo Backyard

the textured paint is a pain when you are cleaning it but thats about the only complaint i had man i miss my jambo wish i would have kept it the best stick burner ever . i paid 1750 in 09 for mine sold it for 1750 in 2012 . its worth the money

Is Jamie and his crew still making them or are they outsourcing the backyard model?

Looks great! I am considering one of these but didn't know that the price had gone from $1,895 to $2,300+. Let us know how you like it...

Is Jamie and his crew still making them or are they outsourcing the backyard model?

Not sure. I got the impression that the Backyard is being outsourced locally, but I forgot to ask. I think he mentioned he is getting 10 a month. I think there were 5 there when I picked mine up. If they're built to his spec by someone else, it doesn't really bother me - especially if it means he is able to get the customs out to folks faster. Not to mention I didn't have to wait for one.

Have you fired it off yet? I would be going crazy by now!:mrgreen:

Not yet. I've been incredibly busy, and the weekend doesn't look much better. I'll try to get some more pictures up soon, though.

Here are a few pictures of the cook chamber...

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

That's a sweet looking rig. I'd like to find out we're he gets the paint. The only thing I ad to mine that he doesn't is front casters. Plus his fit and finish are better than mine.

Congrats.

Awesome, seeing these pics makes me wish I didn't spend so much money on my brew stand. Wife keeps me on a tight toy leash.

Nice pit.

I purchased a Jambo Backyard and received it in April of 2014. I am now wondering if mine was a prototype of the new backyard. I was told it was the last one that Jamie built before these came out. Everything is identical except for the stack damper and the 3/8 firebox door. He didn't paint the handles and hinges black on mine either.

Managed to take a few pictures before the food disappeared last weekend. The ribs turned out a little darker than I expected - I probably should have wrapped a little sooner.

I also threw on one of those heat & eat Hillshire Farms smoked sausages. I cut it longitudinally about halfway through before putting it on the Jambo, then sliced it up once it was warm. It vaporized off of the cutting board.

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

Back