Ware's Jambo Backyard

Ware

Knows what a fatty is.
This is sort of a follow-up from a previous thread, but I would like to capture my Jambo Backyard-specific experiences here. To recap, I started smoking on WSM's (both 18.5 and 22.5) several years ago. I upgraded to a Kamado Big Joe about two years ago, but I really only used it as a smoker, i.e. I wasn't grilling or baking on it as much as I thought I would. So I decided to start looking for a dedicated smoker... I was leaning toward one of the smaller insulated verticals (Lone Star Grillz Mini, Pitmaker Safe, etc.), but something about a quality offset had my interest. Long story short, a Jambo Backyard followed me home.

I will post more photos, etc. later, but I wanted to go ahead and throw this picture out here for your consumption. The Backyard has some updates that aren't reflected on Jamie's website - I think these are the main differences:

• 5" stack (was 4")
  • Stack damper is now a butterfly valve, like his larger pits
  • Cooking racks are heavier (3/16", I think)
  • Has a 3/8" back door now
  • Handles and hinges are painted black (the only change I wasn't crazy about)
  • The price is $2350

Jambo1.JPG

Last edited:
Hey, I remember you! Congratulations on your pit! Look forward to talking Jambo with you. I see fattys in your very near future.

Very nice. I regret selling my Jambo backyard. Is the firebox door a boiler door? Got a pic of it?

How long did it take to get one from the day you ordered it? That is my dream BBQ machine right there. Last time I looked, they were $1895. I guess the "new improved" model warrants a price bump. Cook anything on it yet?

Yeah how much does it weigh?
Nice cooker, truck and 'burb.
More Pics!

My best guess is somewhere in the 500-600 pound range. It's all there.

Is that a textured powder coat finish?? Nice looking rig!

It's textured paint, not powder coat.

Very nice. I regret selling my Jambo backyard. Is the firebox door a boiler door? Got a pic of it?

The boiler door is not an option on the Backyard model. I will get more pictures posted soon.

How long did it take to get one from the day you ordered it? That is my dream BBQ machine right there. Last time I looked, they were $1895. I guess the "new improved" model warrants a price bump. Cook anything on it yet?

About 20 hours. I had talked to Jamie a few times with questions, and knew he was expecting to have some in the next few weeks. I called back Tuesday to nail down a date so I could plan a trip to DFW, and he said, "get in your truck, I'm looking at five of them." So that's what I did. :grin: And yes, the price increase was attributed to the upgrades.

Back