THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spincast

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Vision Grill from Costco and am very happy with it (used a high-temp mortar seal around the base vent like most others here). My question is about what to get as a plate setter. I definitely want it for slow and low cooking, but I also want to be able to roast meats with out direct heat and to cook pizza.

I'm also trying to figure out, should I get the Vision lava stone, or the ceramic grill store spider and ceramic stone? And, do I just get a regular pizza stone to put above the diffuser stone? (maybe on the rack above) Or does the diffuser double as a pizza stone?

Thanks all.

On the vision the lava stone doubles as a heat diffuser and pizza stone. I was not impressed with it's small diameter for low and slow, and it isn't enough by itself for pizza.

There was someone here this week that bought the Kamado Joe deflecter and ground indentations into his firepot. I think that would work much better than the Vision stone.

Back