Vertical smoker similar to Vault

Fillmore Farmer

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey guys,

I have a Pitmaker Vault and love it. I'm making another outdoor BBQ area at another location and want something similar in quality but smaller. I know they make a smaller version called the Safe but it's only 3 inches more narrow and yet the racks are only 15" and much smaller. Also, Pitmaker doesn't respond to emails and while they make a great product, their customer service and overall experience kinda sucks.

I've seen some other vertical smokers but the build quality is more Home Depot and not the long-lasting quality stuff. I'm looking for something that comes at least 80% close to rivaling Pitmaker quality.

Also, the Valut is $4,500 and the Safe is $3,500.....if I'm gonna blow that kind of dough I may as well go with the Vault but it'll take a LOT of room in this new BBQ project, I'd like something smaller but still solid quality, any ideas? Not an Egg, something similar to the Vault but smaller. Thanks

VERY interesting pick! Based on the dimensions it doesn't seem much smaller but the pics certainly show something smaller and exactly what I'm looking for. I wouldn't need the cart so perhaps he'd be closer to $3,500 but another part of me says to just spend the extra $1k and get another Vault, despite it being a bit bigger than what I need.....but thanks for the referral, I'll give him a call!

I'm sure JJ would sell you a Contender Jr. without the cart at a reduced price if you're looking to use it as a built-in.

https://pitsbyjj.com/smokers/contender-jr-with-cart/

VERY interesting pick! Based on the dimensions it doesn't seem much smaller but the pics certainly show something smaller and exactly what I'm looking for. I wouldn't need the cart so perhaps he'd be closer to $3,500 but another part of me says to just spend the extra $1k and get another Vault, despite it being a bit bigger than what I need.....but thanks for the referral, I'll give him a call!

Lone Star Grills IVC Mini ?
Don’t own one but have read many great reviews

Wow, another excellent pick! Definite contender, I'll check it out, thanks!

Have you looked at a Humphreys Qube'd or Qube'd Box?

No, but I just checked out their Pint and that seems like a solid pick for what I'm looking for, thanks!

Lonestar grillz insulated vertical cabinet.
The Humphrey's and Contender both seem to be better quality and for less price.....not feeling the LoneStar but thanks for the link

Check out cascade smokers - maybe their Que-Meister would fit the profile you're looking at.

Back