Pitmaker vault vs Lone Star large cabinet

Fillmore Farmer

Knows what a fatty is.
Anyone have any thoughts on comparing these two smokers? I currently have a Pitmaker Vault and am fairly happy with it but the customer service is lacking and they don't often respond to emails or phone calls, not very reassuring and I wouldn't mind trying another brand. The Lone Star allows water to be added without opening the door and the grates seem nicer. Weight is about the same so construction should be similar.

I'm not thrilled with JJ's because of the wonky dual sided controls and other issues.

Thanks

Yo Fillmore .... you still obsessing over this ? LOL .... You'd do a great job no matter which smoker ... what was the verdict on KAT Smokers ? How's the remodel going ?

I had a vault that I used in comps and really enjoyed it. I added a 90elbow on outlet to refill water during cook without opening door. Eventually I went to running dry due to air tight chamber containing enough moisture.

Their customer service is hit or miss. Honestly to me this appears to be grass may look greener but once over it will likely be same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yo Fillmore .... you still obsessing over this ? LOL .... You'd do a great job no matter which smoker ... what was the verdict on KAT Smokers ? How's the remodel going ?
Hey Mike, meant to call or email you to see how things are going.....with the weather, wife, new home and being surrounded by hardcore MAGA, lol. Are you in the flooding area or heatwave area...or both?

Nothing appealed with the KAT smoker. The Pitmaker safe seems too small and bulky, I found a few other smokers but since that time I'm finding the area I'm designing to easily have enough room for a big-boy full sized smoker....so perhaps another Vault but this Lone Star big cabinet seems pretty much the same thing but it has a few nicer features as compared to the Vault. Also, the piss-poor customer service at Pitmaker leaves me not wanting to patronize them....it literally took an act of God to get them to send me a tiny bottle or red paint for the area they missed. Also, areas of their paint where it was applied thin haven't held up very well.

The Lone Star product is simply called the Big Cabinet, I think they'd do better giving it a proper name....anything, maybe the Hancho, Bigboy, Smokebuster....any name is better than a description. I was hoping someone with experience with the Lone Star might have piped up.

Haven't been doing any Q lately, too busy with construction. I still have a few things to get to but in spare time I'm plotting & planning on the BBQ shack....gonna do this one like an actual BBQ shack, complete with menu, decor and everything.....right to the point that certain neighbors may actually believe I'm opening a legit place to run out of my home. The thing about these beach communities is that there are a LOT of old original folks (generations of family) that absolutely get-up in other people's business! You wash your car without a permit and someone will report ya! (joking, I think)

What's up with you? Shoot me an email or reply here...not like anyone will see it, LOL

I had a vault that I used in comps and really enjoyed it. I added a 90elbow on outlet to refill water during cook without opening door. Eventually I went to running dry due to air tight chamber containing enough moisture.

Their customer service is hit or miss. Honestly to me this appears to be grass may look greener but once over it will likely be same

Funny, I put the same 90-degree elbow on my Vault....ran the air intake to the front so I could attach the Guru fan and then ran the drain out the back with a valve. Mine is mounted in a permanent structure. Yeah, at almost 1000 pounds the Vault is damn solid and well built. The paint isn't holding-up as well due to sloppy lack of coverage but everything else is 100%

The Lone Star is less expensive and can arrive sooner. It has a few nicer features but weighing less, it may not be as solid....just wanted to see if anyone with a Lone Star might chime in

Back