suggestions for grill hood

nabril15

Found some matches.
Hello all
When I had my gazebo built, I stupidly left out a range good because it was too expensive...in 2016. Now, they're even more expensive.

I have a 32 inch, 4-burner, Napoleon grill, and I've gotten away with using a portable and battery-powered fan to blow the smoke away. It works, but it's not the best solution.

Behind the grill is a block wall with an electric panel 6 feet away, so adding a hood would not be too difficult.
I can either buy something built already, obviously, and install it myself or pay someone.
Or, can I have someone "design" or make the steel shell for the hood and smoke stack, and I would put a blower inside? I'm simplifying it a bit, but I've heard of people that have had one built; I don't know what the cost was, but I naively think that it will be cheaper than a packaged unit.

I appreciate your thoughts. I also ask if it would be a good idea to put a sheet of steel behind the grill and against the wall as a backsplash. I saw that in another thread, and it would look better than my currently-blackened wall.

It is one cause of restaurant fires, grease build up in the vent hood ducting. There is a fair amount of grease in the smoke being vented and over time it builds up. I am assuming (!) that just venting through the gazebo roof that grease may build up on the roof. It would take years, yet down the road could be an issue.

It is one cause of restaurant fires, grease build up in the vent hood ducting. There is a fair amount of grease in the smoke being vented and over time it builds up. I am assuming (!) that just venting through the gazebo roof that grease may build up on the roof. It would take years, yet down the road could be an issue.

ok, so what did you mean? To make sure that whatever I install has a grease filter? Is it not a normal component of hoods?

Yes, it should be, but from your op I inferred a diy solution. I just wanted you to be aware of the grease component.

It’ll have to be outdoor rated as well, one that goes inside a house/restaurant won’t make it.

Maybe, but the length of the vent would be limited based on the CFM of the fan. Best to call them and talk to them and talk it through. They may want pics and measurements

Back