Two rib cooks in the LSG offset-In the main chamber and warmer using charcoal

Did you get the gas assist starter with yours? I was thinking the other day after you might could use that to help get the pit up to temp before throwing in the basket.

I didn't. I have a blow torch so I skipped it. The port is on the firebox though and all I need is the hardware.:rolleyes:

What are you doing with the exhaust vents when you cook with the basket in the main chamber?

Wide open. Pretty much wide open no matter how I cook (charcoal/sticks) with exception shutting them completely off when I'm smoking in the warmer.

BTW I've only used the charcoal basket three times and only the last cooks just to experiment. I always burn sticks.

Wide open. Pretty much wide open no matter how I cook (charcoal/sticks) with exception shutting them completely off when I'm smoking in the warmer.

BTW I've only used the charcoal basket three times and only the last cooks just to experiment. I always burn sticks.

Thanks! Im getting mine primarily to be a stick burner too but Im glad to see you can run these things off a basket in the event you ever need to. I think Im probably gonna go ahead and get a basket with mine just so I have it if I ever want to do an overnight cook and also need to sleep at the same time.

Hey Jacks,

Are getting the stainless steel front table/shelf? I wish I had gotten it and I totally would've but it never occurred to me how easy in made the clean up after a cook.

Thanks! Im getting mine primarily to be a stick burner too but Im glad to see you can run these things off a basket in the event you ever need to. I think Im probably gonna go ahead and get a basket with mine just so I have it if I ever want to do an overnight cook and also need to sleep at the same time.

Honestly, I was questioning the purchase of the basket and didn't use it for a year and a half. I changed my mind after using it though. It's awesome for those lazy or hot days. Overnight cooks also but you still have to keep an eye on it periodically. Obviously not every 45 mins.

I even have guru hooks up on my pit but at the end of the day I love it for what it's intended to do which is burn sticks. There was a guy on here that was successfully running his LSG horizontal with charcoal basket and two guru fans. Let me see if I can find the thread.

I didn't get a stainless steel table on my original order but its one of the add-ons Im thinking about getting added before the build starts. The standard table looks like it would be kind of a pain to clean up since its not a solid piece and I think its narrower than the stainless steel table.

I didn't get a stainless steel table on my original order but its one of the add-ons Im thinking about getting added before the build starts. The standard table looks like it would be kind of a pain to clean up since its not a solid piece and I think its narrower than the stainless steel table.

Yep! Not sure about it being wider but perhaps. It's worth it. Like I said it just never occurred to me until I got hands on.

Here's an option that makes it easy and will work even if you get the stainless granted the table is foldable. I wrap it with butcher paper using table clips and it catches everything. Simple clean up at the end.

Only pic I have and it's sideview but you get the idea. This was a cook for 100 people. They volunteered me to cook for work. :mrgreen:

ukmkCnFh.jpg

Ha, I would have never thought about using butcher paper like that. Ive always got a big roll of that laying around so I guess that's an option if I don't end up getting the SS table.

Ha, I would have never thought about using butcher paper like that. Ive always got a big roll of that laying around so I guess that's an option if I don't end up getting the SS table.

Yep! Me too. Definitely an option if you want to shift you money towards another accessory and butcher's paper is cheap.

Hey Jacks,

Are getting the stainless steel front table/shelf? I wish I had gotten it and I totally would've but it never occurred to me how easy in made the clean up after a cook.

I just put some foil on the shelf. When done, I just wrap up the foil. All done. I will say the SS sure does dress up a smoker.

Back