THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smokin Ribs

is one Smokin' Farker
First local competition, so have a turn in box question.

Would putting pulled, chopped and sliced pork in the box be too much?

It's risky. If a judge gets some really good pieces of pulled and chunks and then he gets a bad piece of sliced, such as fatty or Too chewy it will drag your entire score down. I used to just turn in 8 or 10 perfect pieces from a gently pulled pork butt, Lightly sauced and put in the In the box. U less you have excellent pieces of all 3 types, be conservative and just pull out a bunch of perfect pieces. Don't give them a chance to score down.

This is a first place box I had in an FBS event. Its slices of money and horn with chunks of money muscle down rows

ef7a49e7070937c76f71d5e130cf9f3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's risky. If a judge gets some really good pieces of pulled and chunks and then he gets a bad piece of sliced, such as fatty or Too chewy it will drag your entire score down. I used to just turn in 8 or 10 perfect pieces from a gently pulled pork butt, Lightly sauced and put in the In the box. U less you have excellent pieces of all 3 types, be conservative and just pull out a bunch of perfect pieces. Don't give them a chance to score down.
This.
Anything but your best, save it for lunch.

Agree with the others. Just your very best stuff. You don't have to fill the box. Just a taste for each of the 6 judges (Unless the rules specify otherwise). If there are multiple kinds of meat you get a composite score, not your best score. Unsanctioned local rules can vary.

Back