Looking For A Hero 🐷🍎

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Pork chops and applesauce. Lincoln heard it at theatre.. Brady kid doing a Bogart imitation said it. Think about it, pork chops and applesauce is distinctly American dish. I thought it was because hogs were slaughtered at near same time home folks were canning fruit for the winter.

In my mind how to be a Hero. Pulled pork sandwich using a sliced in half Apple Fritter. Or two apple fritters.

Perhaps I'm just hungry. Bet it's photogenic

Ive not entered a competition here in years. Donut Throwdown would be entertaining

I knew of a lady that grated apples into her coleslaw for pork sandwiches.She added grated apples into tuna salad too.Try it.

Malcolm Reed has a pork tender cook with a green apple slaw that is killer. Believe it's on YouTube. I've done it and It is great. I've just never used a donut nor fritter for the sandwich holster

Yeah,that is getting out of the box.I really like apples added to slaw on pork.I agree on the holsters too.Never gone there.

Last edited:
Adams, you got me thinking.
My dad and his dad put applesauce on fried potatoes.
I remember having applesauce when mom made pork chops.
I've made crispy creme bread pudding.
Next time I cook a butt I'm heading to Kwik Trip for an apple fritter.

I've seen glazed donuts for hamburger buns, even saw a dude stuff brisket into a maple long john.

Do it.

Pork chops and applesauce. Lincoln heard it at theatre.. Brady kid doing a Bogart imitation said it. Think about it, pork chops and applesauce is distinctly American dish. I thought it was because hogs were slaughtered at near same time home folks were canning fruit for the winter.

Pork chops and apple sauce. Lamb and mint jelly. Things I grew up with. Thought they were just New England traditions.

In my mind how to be a Hero. Pulled pork sandwich using a sliced in half Apple Fritter. Or two apple fritters.

Pretty sure my cardiologist would not consider me a "hero" if I ate one of those! lol. Sounds good though

I knew of a lady that grated apples into her coleslaw for pork sandwiches.She added grated apples into tuna salad too.Try it.

we've been doing this for years, when I was doing pulled pork sammies for the HS concession we got rave reviews. people went gaga for it. in a single basketball game we'd sell 20-30lbs worth or pork. it's a really good addition to standard slaw for the sammies

we've been doing this for years, when I was doing pulled pork sammies for the HS concession we got rave reviews. people went gaga for it. in a single basketball game we'd sell 20-30lbs worth or pork. it's a really good addition to standard slaw for the sammies

Hamilton.Been through there several times when baby boy was stationed Ft.Benning.Been through other times too.Howdy neighbor!

Hamilton.Been through there several times when baby boy was stationed Ft.Benning.Been through other times too.Howdy neighbor!

stayed in hernando myself a time or two coming back from Manning Academy with my boys back when we lived in IL, number of yrs ago obviously. Oldest ended up playing QB at Delta State, and then covid hit and he 'retired' :laugh:

Back