Turn in box

Smokin Ribs

is one Smokin' Farker
First local competition, so have a turn in box question.

Would putting pulled, chopped and sliced pork in the box be too much?

It's risky. If a judge gets some really good pieces of pulled and chunks and then he gets a bad piece of sliced, such as fatty or Too chewy it will drag your entire score down. I used to just turn in 8 or 10 perfect pieces from a gently pulled pork butt, Lightly sauced and put in the In the box. U less you have excellent pieces of all 3 types, be conservative and just pull out a bunch of perfect pieces. Don't give them a chance to score down.

This is a first place box I had in an FBS event. Its slices of money and horn with chunks of money muscle down rows

ef7a49e7070937c76f71d5e130cf9f3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's risky. If a judge gets some really good pieces of pulled and chunks and then he gets a bad piece of sliced, such as fatty or Too chewy it will drag your entire score down. I used to just turn in 8 or 10 perfect pieces from a gently pulled pork butt, Lightly sauced and put in the In the box. U less you have excellent pieces of all 3 types, be conservative and just pull out a bunch of perfect pieces. Don't give them a chance to score down.
This.
Anything but your best, save it for lunch.

Agree with the others. Just your very best stuff. You don't have to fill the box. Just a taste for each of the 6 judges (Unless the rules specify otherwise). If there are multiple kinds of meat you get a composite score, not your best score. Unsanctioned local rules can vary.

Back