Trip to Austin And The TX Fall BBQ Bash-Take A Q Tour With Me (Massive Amount Of Pics)

thanks for the pics and you got me wanting to take a trip to Texas for a vacation next year and Franklin's food look legit .

How cool. I live in Austin so I know all those sites well. I bought my GMG DB Wifi at that very Buccee's.

Being able to go to Franklin's, Micklethwait and so many other's on a daily basis is what makes it hard for me to appreciate my own cooking. Those are some very hi bars. One of my personal favorites is Miller's in Belton.

I saw the get together and wanted to come but I'm new here and felt awkward. Maybe next year.
I missed too many for that same reason when we only did them in North Texas. Just hang out for the first one. No need to be intimidated. Ask Robert. He came twice just to eat and hang out. This year he made some killer ribs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thanks for the pics and you got me wanting to take a trip to Texas for a vacation next year and Franklin's food look legit .

Thank you! They make you feel at home. Very friendly and kind people all around. Don't care where you find yourself at.

Now THAT'S how you put up a post! :clap2: Very nicely done, Sako!

I'm with ya on the cutter at Franklin's - that is one skilled dude right there - quick, clean, efficient, cool - all that. And yes, the brisket is no hype - seriously good stuff right there.

I'm starting to sense that the Lockhart spots can be inconsistent. I've been to them a few times and have had really, really great and then just OK meals there. I will say the peach cobbler at Black's is pretty dang good.

Glad you had a killer time, and I hope to roll out there with ya someday before too long. Gotta Bash with them TX farkers! :cool: :hungry:

319073031_a5043c89be.jpg

Now THAT'S how you put up a post! :clap2: Very nicely done, Sako!

I'm with ya on the cutter at Franklin's - that is one skilled dude right there - quick, clean, efficient, cool - all that. And yes, the brisket is no hype - seriously good stuff right there.

I'm starting to sense that the Lockhart spots can be inconsistent. I've been to them a few times and have had really, really great and then just OK meals there. I will say the peach cobbler at Black's is pretty dang good.

Glad you had a killer time, and I hope to roll out there with ya someday before too long. Gotta Bash with them TX farkers! :cool: :hungry:

Thanks brother! Sound good. We'll make it happen for sure.

Oh and while I was at the Whip In I found a fan :becky:

kYVoJlhh.jpg

Never say never! :wink:

A little story behind this pic is that my buddy ran into Aaron in Vegas. So when we talked I showed Aaron a pic of him and my buddy which was this shot down to a T replica of their pic together. He said "Man, that was in Hell's Kitchen in Vegas" So we ended up shooting this pic and sending it back to my buddy.

c3Cu65Wh.jpg

That's a keeper.

Great shot!

Honestly, that is a great expose of the areas and the Q joints around. Fantastic to see for someone like me that can't get there.:cry:

Epic trip Sako! Blacks must be going down hill because that was my go to when I worked in that area. I agree with you about franklins. Pretty incredible and he’s a nice dude. Next time go in the summer and go tubing down the San Marcos river in San Marcos. It’s a blast. Thanks for sharing

P.S. good call on the whataburger...I can’t go to Texas and not have it!

Wow your trip looks amazing! Franklins food looks fantastic as usual, looks like you made a buddy too! Very envious of your trip sako! Thanks for sharing all those pictures with us.

Epic trip Sako! Blacks must be going down hill because that was my go to when I worked in that area. I agree with you about franklins. Pretty incredible and he’s a nice dude. Next time go in the summer and go tubing down the San Marcos river in San Marcos. It’s a blast. Thanks for sharing

P.S. good call on the whataburger...I can’t go to Texas and not have it!

Thanks Clay!

Yea I wasn't really impressed, more like disappointed and Andy Lyu370 felt the same way about Black's. Few brethren were also surprised of the disappointment.

I definitely plan on coming back and thanks for the pointers. Whataburger was like a way kicked up Whopper. Don't do fast food often but it was definitely good. Service and the double liner wrapped burger was a nice touch.

Wow your trip looks amazing! Franklins food looks fantastic as usual, looks like you made a buddy too! Very envious of your trip sako! Thanks for sharing all those pictures with us.

What a great trip Sako! Thanks for all the pics and info. You do know how to make one envy your for sure.

Thanks guys! Honestly I just snapped along and happened to just meet great folks along my trip. Wasn't surprised about the hospitality of the brethren but was sort of surprised about how the rest of my trip went.

Thanks for a great post Sako glad you got time to travel, eat and see the sites.

Great pics, thanks for sharing! This makes me miss home even though I was there for two weeks back in April for my honeymoon. Franklin's is well worth the wait for sure.

Back