Annual Barrett-Jackson Trip To Scottsdale, AZ--Lots Of Pron

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
We do an annual trip to the "super show" in AZ for the Barrett-Jackson auction. I usually do the other shows as well but the AZ show has become a tradition every January. This year was no different.

We get us a nice place in town and hit up Old Town Scottsdale, hit the auction or just stay in on some of the days and cook our arses off. I'm usually in charge of the menu and this year we had so much ribeye it was coming out of our ears. :laugh: Pretty much ribeye for breakfast and dinner.

Got us a newly remodeled, newly furnished both inside and out home. Down to the kitchen equipment and the grill.

RGgalLrh.jpg

fSlNkTph.jpg

fliDLTPh.jpg

ccz9Kf1h.jpg

Broke in the brand new grill with a lamb rack

d1Rbv11h.jpg

And well....ribeyes:grin:

Gj3FjiIh.jpg

aiS88bfh.jpg

Baked taters with garlic salt and sriracha dust

eP59H5fh.jpg

Shrooms

ekAnKDoh.jpg

Roasted asparagus and jalapenos

bWP99xmh.jpg

Dinner served

iqfu2Dyh.jpg

thoC0HUh.jpg

I cooked my steaks to my liking

VYFzKE8h.jpg

Breakfast was usually ribeye and bacon tacos

HEYqJY7h.jpg

With hatch chili, potato and eggs filling

mbIFDOzh.jpg

On fresh flour tortillas

WckzZJMh.jpg

qRW6LiOh.jpg

cjCtE2rh.jpg

Everyone was free to dress them how they pleased. Bacon, no bacon, ribeye no ribeye, no salsa, no cheese....Whatever

879gnEYh.jpg

A few pics from the show as we hit on Friday and Saturday

oEDg7YVh.jpg

sbBOn8nh.jpg

kFZIga8h.jpg

BNp6lMZh.jpg

yYA0BxOh.jpg

XAogLaUh.jpg

Wk0pNANh.jpg

Back to some more cooking pics for our final night of stay

WiYWdCGh.jpg

8Qdn5ITh.jpg

A cowboy steak as well

oalfUwAh.jpg

rbhuFnlh.jpg

CadaJhBh.jpg

RO7ynQzh.jpg

U8mME9xh.jpg

The cap on your left and they eye on your right

lWAtaRhh.jpg

At this point it was a choice on how you want your ribeyes. Some chose the whole ribeye and fixin's

wbrGj0Sh.jpg

I decided on Mango salsa ribeye tacos for myself :clap2:

DUvcVbSh.jpg

My God they were gooooood!!

ZUKLWXEh.jpg

Of course there was shrimp and scallop ceviche

eHye9RLh.jpg

And Habanero bbq chicken wings for appetizers :heh:

ivp3pHTh.jpg

I think I'm good on ribeye for long while. :laugh: Good times and I already can't wait till next year. Thanks for looking!!

Looks like you had a great time. If you're willing to hang out with a guy in a wheelchair (hopefully not next year), his wife, and 3 kiddos next time, lemme know! I live about 15 minutes North of Westworld and grew up in North Scottsdale. Old Town/Downtown is where I spent most my 20's....err...quenching thirst. I haven't been in a couple years, but I usually watch on TV, this year no exception.

No wonder you are looking forward to the trip already, that looks like an amazing experience. The food was absolutely top notch!

Looks like a great time and outstanding cooks. What car did you come home with?

Looks like you were feeding the entire auction !!! What auto did you buy ?

Way to break in that grill!
Looks like some nice cars and trucks as well. Did ya buy?

Thanks fellas!

Nothing this year. We sold a 61 bubble top last year in FL and bought a 59 SL a few years back in AZ. Only spectating this year.

The car we sold in FL. '61 custom bubble top LS3 with a Maggie. Frame off resto which took six years.

sLAUecKh.jpg

XIAd122h.jpg

dYPdGTFh.jpg

Bought this SL in 17 and sold it in 18

eJt6j2Yh.jpg

NFiGySEh.jpg

Last edited:

Looks like you had a great time. If you're willing to hang out with a guy in a wheelchair (hopefully not next year), his wife, and 3 kiddos next time, lemme know! I live about 15 minutes North of Westworld and grew up in North Scottsdale. Old Town/Downtown is where I spent most my 20's....err...quenching thirst. I haven't been in a couple years, but I usually watch on TV, this year no exception.

Thanks Adam!

Would love to meet you next time around. Just realized that you're in AZ. We actually did stay in North Scottsdale.

It's nice that you seasoned that grill right for those homeowners. :thumb:

Heck yeah guys!

Better me than some random guy damaging the cheap Dyno Glo by not properly seasoning it. A little too much heat and you burn the paint of these suckers.

Mike, only a spectator this year but couple cars above prior.

No wonder you are looking forward to the trip already, that looks like an amazing experience. The food was absolutely top notch!

Thanks Ron!

It really is a great time for sure. We have a blast each year. Food's ok. :biggrin1:

Back