Took the wife out to dinner...

We have a little hole in the wall bbq joint that is great! Tiny place, just enough seating for maybe 20 people, the owner always comes out and talks to the customers, his wife waits the tables and runs the cash register......I always leave a big tip!

Here in my little part of Bama we have lots of places that serve what they call BBQ. I have been on a quest of sorts to try all of them. Have not got to them all yet, but have been let down on all, to date. It's mostly about speed and money. I do want to one day make some dollars for my Que, but never if it means I have to sacrifice LOW and SLOW!!! And that is how I feel and I will not change for the sake of that extra dollar.

Watched that Q show on the food network yesterday and it might be worth checking out Smokin Jacks in Demopolis if that is close by. Pretty decent show and the guy used to cook in comps and seemed to care about what he was doing.

Sounds like a restaurant here in Indy that is supposed to have "Bodacious" barbecue! I went to this place once - and that was enough. I ordered a rack of ribs and the guy turned around, reached into the refrigerator, pulled out a light-gray slab of - well, something and put it in the Microwave!!!! :mad: Right in front of my face!!!:mad::mad: I was so mad I could have gone berzerk! My wife talked me into being calm and passive, so I went ahead a took them. They had no color but light-gray inside and out and tasted like they had been braised in liquid smoke! I have to say that the Mac and Cheese was killer - but I didn't want a mac and cheese meal, I wanted ribs. I left 95% of those... so-called ribs on my plate when I left the joint. They asked me if I wanted a box to put them in and I said no - but I was thinking "oh yeah, I would like to put somebody in a box!" If you know what I mean! :twisted: Fuggettaboutit! Well, I never have and never will go back to that place again!

Back