Ribs, collards, and home made slaw! it’s what’s for dinner!

Shadowdog500

is One Chatty Farker
Today wound up being a good day.

The supermarket happened to have Chairmans Reserve St. Louis cut ribs ribs in stock, so we decided that it was “Rib Day”.

Made a small batch of my home made rub then lit the 22WSM using the minion method with 3/4 of a lit chimney and ran it with all vents wide open throughout the cook, and it was parked right in the middle of the smoke range the whole time. I had about a gallon of water in the pan along with a 12 oz Yuengling Lager.

The ribs were ready just in time for dinner. My wife made collards and home made cole slaw. Washed it down with a Yuengling Lager.

Pretty good for an unplanned meal.

975-A7708-20-A8-49-D5-81-DE-86118-ADF6-BB1.jpg

Last edited:
"Chairmans Reserve St. Louis cut".....sounds like a fine aged whiskey. :grin:

It's cool to find an occasional surprise buy at the grocery store. They look great. I'm sure they hit the spot.

"Chairmans Reserve St. Louis cut".....sounds like a fine aged whiskey. :grin:

It's cool to find an occasional surprise buy at the grocery store. They look great. I'm sure they hit the spot.

They advertise themselves as “Prime grade pork” and they really are even if there isn’t such a thing. They are quality ribs that are trimmed perfectly. My supermarket has Chairman’s Reserve infrequently so I always grab a slab when they are in stock. I didn’t even look at the price.
Thier pork chops are also outstanding.

Great looking meal. I have seen the Chairmans Reserve by my Mom's. Was tempted to get pork lion but, for $7 lb wasn't sure. Have you tried the loin and is it worth it?

Great looking meal. I have seen the Chairmans Reserve by my Mom's. Was tempted to get pork lion but, for $7 lb wasn't sure. Have you tried the loin and is it worth it?

I haven’t seen the pork loin at the supermarket, so we haven’t had the chance to try it. I assume it’s first rate just like the ribs and pork chops that we did have.

They advertise themselves as “Prime grade pork” and they really are even if there isn’t such a thing. They are quality ribs that are trimmed perfectly. My supermarket has Chairman’s Reserve infrequently so I always grab a slab when they are in stock. I didn’t even look at the price.
Thier pork chops are also outstanding.

I've never seen it in any store down here or heard of it.

If I ever spot some, I'll buy for sure to try.

Back