The BBQ gods were not in my favor today…

snadamo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Adam
Not sure if this is Q-talk or wood pile…perhaps Q-pile….

Woke up planning on making ribs…then a major behavioral problem with my two older kiddos really detailed things while setting up. After a cool down period, I decided to pick up where I left off and got the smoker going. After a period of hostility mrs snadamo informed me she was going out with her ma and taking the kiddos, and she forgot to tell me. No problem.

Smokers rolling, time to take out the ribs. The second I cut open the bag, a horrid sulfurous smell wafted in the air. After a convo with mrs snadamo, we agreed ribs were bad and she’ll run to the store and get a rack.

For whatever reason she came home with a preseasoned rack of chipotle ribs and a whole pork loin. She forgot her phone and couldn’t call me, of course.

At this point I said phark it and told her Chinese takeout for dinner. I’m cutting my losses and just going to work on temp control.

So I lost 3 racks of ribs, a whole load of charcoal and cherry wood, and an angry family.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.
I mean things could be worse, but the BBQ gods had other ideas today.

Sounds like one of those times where everything is out of sync and nothing quite works out as planned. Truly infuriating, esp when great expectations are involved. I've had some of my worst food let-downs happen at times like this.

Hope the Chinese take-out smooths out the wrinkles for now, and the chipotle ribs and pork loin live to be smoked another day!

Dang that sucks. I would have ordered pizza.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

They must've heard you...it's now a pizza night. And I have zero problem with that. :)

to top things off, we had a decent low blood sugar scare with our diabetic 2 year old....really puts things in perspective...

now to steer the convo back to Q Talk.....
On the plus side, I have dabbled and documented my steps for consistent tempts with my fireboard and backwoods....

There was a Donald Duck comic book I had as a kid where his fortune cookie read 'You can't do anything right today. Go home and go to bed." And sure enough, a disastrous day followed.

That's what I think of when I have days like yours. Hang in there.

So, how was the pizza last night? :confused: We need DETAILS!

:laugh:

HA! Pizza was delicious. Local chain called Barros. Our go-to for pizza. Their wings aint bad either. We devoured everything.

not our pizza but you get the gist:
599769f3c6c64.image.jpg

Popular-Menu-Items-Traditional-Wings-min.jpg

Back