THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome! Does that mean that you will have it for your shindig/event/thingy? That's a company I'd like to do business with...one that worries about the customers satisfaction. And the kind of word-of-mouth reputation that comes from it.

Congrats!

Maybe they could pitch in some extra accessory? for your trouble and anguish?

I feel you pain. My Deep South GC36 arrived with a huge gash in the paint down to bare metal. I have to send it back to be repainted. Sucks balls.

Just curious if it was crated or just wrapped up on a pallet only??

For the money you shouldn't have had to deal with a screwup like that. As far as the other comments about shipping, I have given up hope of ever receiving a heavy item without damage from Fedex or especially UPS.

It was on a pallet with foam and shrink wrapped it was totaly covered i do wish they were crated though.

It was on a pallet with foam and shrink wrapped it was totaly covered i do wish they were crated though.

that is pretty typical. my cabinet came the same way and it got banged around pretty good. i think LSG has the best crating i have ever seen based on the posts on here. i am sure others crate too. i wish we had a list of builders that crate. that would probably help make a cooker decision a little easier.

Can't speak for the op, but I've seen several yoders delivered on their social media account. They typically are on a pallet, wrapped in a foam material, then shrink wrapped.

I figured but didn't want to assume. Crating is cheap insurance and will avoid a lot of headache. My builder charged me $150 for crating/wrapping and insurance and I gladly paid and when I got mine there was not one single scratch or defect on it. The delivery guy even was impressed with it.

veRQCA-mobg2hgzM0JKYhaaDI9EH2rTpJHRceKWx4xA=w432-h460-no

that is pretty typical. my cabinet came the same way and it got banged around pretty good. i think LSG has the best crating i have ever seen based on the posts on here. i am sure others crate too. i wish we had a list of builders that crate. that would probably help make a cooker decision a little easier.

Shirley too. I've seen a brethren that got his delivered to the neighboring county here. They did a hell of a job crating it.

I got a generator that shipped BSP Transportation in the original box strapped to a pallet. Not a scratch on the box. Might be a fluke but other lesser known commercial trucking option are out there and might be cheaper and a little less convenient. BSP, yellow, Schneider, prime.

I know Yoder is able to crate, I have seen pictures of it before. But I'm guessing those are maybe for overseas orders or special requests possibly. I'm not sure.

Yeah, I am watching this one too. Just ordered a YS640 with comp cart Monday. They said 7 weeks to ship.
I may consider adding crating if it is an option.

Back