Smoked Lamb Shoulder

TheHojo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ted
Been doing this the last few years for Easter

Have a 8lb square cut lamb shoulder all prepped for tomorrow - along with a scalloped carrot casserole

Going to smoke on my direct heat cooker tomorrow - 325 or so - so figured I would get ‘er cleaned up for work tomorrow

Going to pull the lamp meat (like pulled pork) - and serve with pitas, hummus, tzatziki and a Mediterranean Rice

Will update with cook and finished product tomorrow

That looks like it’s gonna be good. And the way you’re serving sounds better.

Final product - smoked lamb shoulder and scalloped carrots - served on fresh pitas with tzatziki sauce - and some Mediterranean rice

Smoked on my direct heat cooker - shoulder was about 8 pounds - after it his 175 finished in the foil boat - also used Third Eye’s lamb/sheep mop sauce recipe

Ted that looks awesome, 9.9 out of 10. I lived in Texas from 1963 to 2004, had plenty of older relatives that drank Lone Star beer, but I'm a Shiner guy. -0.1 for the beer :-D

Beer pairings can be tricky. One surprising combination we found was Magic Hat #9 with Indian food.

Notwithstanding the beer, great looking meal, and willing to suffer through the LS for that great looking lamb. Thanks for the idea.

Ted that looks awesome, 9.9 out of 10. I lived in Texas from 1963 to 2004, had plenty of older relatives that drank Lone Star beer, but I'm a Shiner guy. -0.1 for the beer :-D

Beer pairings can be tricky. One surprising combination we found was Magic Hat #9 with Indian food.

Notwithstanding the beer, great looking meal, and willing to suffer through the LS for that great looking lamb. Thanks for the idea.

Actually a big fan of Magic Hat #9 !

Great use of the direct heat cooker Hojo! Details on the cook when you have a chance!(amount of charcoal, wood chunks, refills, temp, etc.)

Finally.

A bone in smoked lamb shoulder.

Well done. A pulled lamb shoulder is a big thing in Australia. Me. I just eat it off the bone.

Well Done!

ALF-Tick-of-Approval.gif

You get "the tick". First one for many years.

Cheers!

Bill

Great use of the direct heat cooker Hojo! Details on the cook when you have a chance!(amount of charcoal, wood chunks, refills, temp, etc.)

Read an article that said lamb reacts better to higher temps - so ran the direct heat cooker between 300-350

Was still a 7 hour cook - used about 1/2 a bag of B&B lump charcoal for the cook - also tossed in some wood chunks (been cutting my 16 -20 inch splits down to 12-14 inches for my offset - use the 4-6 inch left over pieces for the direct heat cooler ) - was probably tossing in a chunk or two every 30 minutes or so

Back