Time for a new grill. Requesting input

I thought Broil King was the Weber of Canada. Now Napoleon is the Weber of Canada. How many Webers does one country get? :wink:

look at AOG grills - made by Fire Magic .....
100% 304 stainless

Not cheap , but you get what yo pay for ....
-bk

I respectfully disagree. I was at a bbq only retailer today and looked at Weber, broilking, and Napoleon. Weber used to be second to none. My prediction is that whoever took over the company is cost cutting and relying on the power of their name, much like Toyota, and Honda are doing.

I will conceid that the summit series quality is still there, however! Again I predict that the famed Weber customer service will begin to decline. People buying the current genesis will have issues going forward with parts availability.

Hopefully I’m wrong, or Weber sales will drop and they will smarten up.

Again, no disrespect, but I have absolutely no confidence in Weber at this point in time.

I understand. I'm just going by my personal experience. I've had my Spirit 320 for about ten years and have used it 2 to 3 times as much as any other gasser I've ever owned and there have been many cheap ones. Last Summer I replaced the burnners, FBs and grates for around $130. Looking to go at least another 10 with it.

It is for sure personal preference though.

I cannot understand how people can say weber is the best and second to none?? There are far, far superior gas grills out there...yeah, they cost a lot more, as Fire Magic, Lynx, Kalamazoo (on the waaaay upper end), and others are a lot more money, but there is no comparison in output, build quality, sturdiness, etc. Kind of like comparing a fully macked out $10k Jambo, Shirley, Pitmaker (etc, etc) to a Pecos picked up at Academy. Want to spend a grand vs 5k-10k, , sure pick up a weber or napoleon or others. As always, it usually comes down to money like many choices in life

I understand. I'm just going by my personal experience. I've had my Spirit 320 for about ten years and have used it 2 to 3 times as much as any other gasser I've ever owned and there have been many cheap ones. Last Summer I replaced the burnners, FBs and grates for around $130. Looking to go at least another 10 with it.

It is for sure personal preference though.
Sadly, current Weber gassers are nothing like what was being made even 4 or 5 years ago. The build quality and materials have noticeably declined.

I cannot understand how people can say weber is the best and second to none?? There are far, far superior gas grills out there...yeah, they cost a lot more, as Fire Magic, Lynx, Kalamazoo (on the waaaay upper end), and others are a lot more money, but there is no comparison in output, build quality, sturdiness, etc. Kind of like comparing a fully macked out $10k Jambo, Shirley, Pitmaker (etc, etc) to a Pecos picked up at Academy. Want to spend a grand vs 5k-10k, , sure pick up a weber or napoleon or others. As always, it usually comes down to money like many choices in life
They are not even "the best and second to none" in their own price category.

Buy a vintage Genesis C off of Craigslist or Facebook marketplace for less than $100. If you take your time, you can find some that are in really great shape. Buy stainless steel flavorizer bars and grates from RCPlanbuyer off of eBay. You won't believe to quality and the much heavier gauge of material in those parts. Expensive, yes, but you truly get what you pay for. If burners and spark igniter need to be replaced, either buy from Weber or ereplacments. IN the end, you will have about $250-350 invested in a grill that should last you much longer than you 14 year old grill.

JMHO.

Good luck,

Robert

+1 on this. I have a 3 year old Genesis that I purchased after my 17 year old Weber started looking ratty. It still worked fine but was too ugly to keep on the porch.

Back