Question on current line of Backwoods Smokers

billm

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Head
I was told that these are no longer made in US and that manufacturing on them has declined badly..can anyone confirm? Reason I ask is that I have a friend wanting to buy on based on my older models. I do not want to recommend them if the quality has really declined on them

I believe there's only two models that are "imported" as they say. The Chubby 3400, and the Chubby G3. The G3 is the imported version of the G2. I've owned one for about 2 years, and probably cooks count in the double digits. It's overall a great cooker. However, there are a few corners cut and I'd say you can tell and feel. I think most of which can be mitigated. I was all in on their G2 but they told me their lead time was something way far out, and I didn't wanna wait.

I believe the rest of their line is made in USA.

HTH, I can answer any other questions regarding the G3. Personally, if you're asking if he should buy USA or imported, I say USA.

I believe there's only two models that are "imported" as they say. The Chubby 3400, and the Chubby G3. The G3 is the imported version of the G2. I've owned one for about 2 years, and probably cooks count in the double digits. It's overall a great cooker. However, there are a few corners cut and I'd say you can tell and feel. I think most of which can be mitigated. I was all in on their G2 but they told me their lead time was something way far out, and I didn't wanna wait.

I believe the rest of their line is made in USA.

HTH, I can answer any other questions regarding the G3. Personally, if you're asking if he should buy USA or imported, I say USA.
Thanks for the info..he is looking to get an extended Party

Back