THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stubbs is the only store bought I use nowadays; still like my homemade hardwood lump best but Stubbs brickettes run a strong second.

They will smoke a LOT at first but don't let that fool you. It's a great charcoal imo.

If you cook a lot with briqs(like I do) then you'll really like Stubbs. I like the smoke flavor you get with briqs. It gives food the BBQ taste IMO. Stubbs burns hotter and longer with less ash than Kingsford Comp.

I'll give them a try but I always use lump but figured what the hell I have 2 bags

4 racks of chuck short ribs should be around 6-7hrs? I'll be wrapping in BP after few hrs

I really like Stubbs and use it at comps I do on all 3 of my WSM's. MY experience however disagrees with others. While I agree it burn hotter than other charcoals, my experience shows it burn fast and with more ash. The ash burns completely down though. These were the reasons I went with Stubbs to start with, because I wanted it to burn down completely and burn faster. It is quite a bit easier at comps to deal with a firegrate with nothing but clean ash than a fire grate filled with oddball sizes of hot burning down charcoal.

So I hve to say I will never use Stubbs coals gain. I usually use RO lump

Anyways up at 6 am start up my 22.5 wsm and she was none stop billowing white smoke or 2 hrs. I didn't out the mean on closed her up and will wait for coals to die out and I'll do this next weekend with what I'm used to

Other question is can I freeze my short rib racks that r all rubbed ?? I am vac dealing then now Very disappointing morning with Stubbs. Never seen here billowing smoke nine stop. Also my done therm that's built in read 250 and my thermo works read 111 so I have no idea what was going on.

Back