Kingsford Cumin Chili Briquettes w/Mesquite II

Vision

is Blowin Smoke!
Following up on:
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306251&highlight=kingsford+cumin

I tried out the cumin chili briquets tonight on some S/P chicken halves hung in a wsm which is one of my go to cooks. Per the instructions I put 6 in and quickly you can smell something (good), like chili powder is being burned. It's not a rich smell like from a hunk of hickory or cherry but it's nice. I didn't notice any mesquite notes. Two hours into the cook and the smell is still there but weaker.

Yes there was a noticeable difference from the usual chicken. Smelling it there is something different but I doubt I could pick out cumin. It's kind of a subtle background "warm rounded" smell. Taste wise has that profile but it's subtle, but noticeable. If you sauced the chicken the taste may be overpowered.

If you're the type of person who believes "smoke is smoke, all woods are the same" I'm not sure if you could tell the difference, maybe.

So yes they do work for me and I'll use them again and pick up a few more clearance bags. I'll also give the bag of basil a try at some point.

Good to know. I'm probably in the boat of not being able to tell the difference. Thanks for the review!

On my 4-5 bag. Good stuff. Expect about a 2+ hour less burn time is my experience. Plus is you need zero additional chunks splits chips or whatever. IMHO

Thanks for the info, I've see these and wondered if they were any good, I thought they would be mostly smell and not much flavor from the spices

Back