The *OFFICIAL* Crock Pot Thread

Is that how you do hot and fast in a crock pot? I've always wanted to try that, but was afraid something might get burned.

Is this BBQ?:confused:
Not if you farkers don't step it up a notch and start contributing!:cop:

Look, I posted a shot of my BBQ ribs right there in the OP, along with a mod that I saw online which led me to start asking how people do BBQ in their crock pots, and what mods they make to their crock pots to improve their game.

Hell, I even added the Dr. Pepper and SBR+PBR secrets to boot.

So far there is a delicious looking chicken dish posted, but we all know chicken isn't BBQ.:mad:

So, if you want to blame people for any lack of BBQ content in this thread, get to looking in the mirror folks!:mad:

I heard there are new crockpots, that you can hand the meat in, as opposed to laying ii in the pot. Supposed to be preset from the factory, no need to adjust the thing.

Fark, fark, fark! I try to wean myself from this forum, and bigabyte comes back, to tempt me with his stupid, childish posts and threads.

Damn you, bigabyte, what did I do to you???!!!!!!!

CD

Now I am a breast guy myself, so I gotta ask. Is it for breasts also?
I don't see why not. In fact, being a breast guy myself I love the idea!

In fact, I could just see the hanging weiner method over some nice juicy breasts and letting the juices drip down and marinate all over the breasts.

Mmmmmm!:hungry:
Fark, fark, fark! I try to wean myself from this forum, and bigabyte comes back, to tempt me with his stupid, childish posts and threads.

Damn you, bigabyte, what did I do to you???!!!!!!!

CD
Actually, those are all over in the WP. THIS is the Crock Pot thread.
Chris I'd be happy to loan you my book... it's a MUST have! :thumb:

Thanks, but I already shigged that one from the library.:thumb: Lots of great recipes, but I don't recall seeing any mods in there. I guess I could check it out again.:nod:

Roach motel mod

They make great seasoning packets. Self loading too...

RoachMotel_figureByPaleBlueDot.GIF

I hear Weber has a crock pot in the works. When I get it, I hope Cajun Bandit will make a better fitting stainless lid for it. I wonder if they'll make stacking middle sections for bigger cooks?
It's interesting you should ask that. It seems all you need are some properly sized Pyrex dishes to do that with this mod.

http://modified-mommy.blogspot.com/2012/01/crockpot-pyrex-yum.html

DSC05380.JPG

DSC05381.JPG

DSC05382.JPG

Granted, that particular mod was to descrease cooker space (why on earth would someone want to do that?:confused:), but I see no reason with the oval shaped ones to use oval shaped, flat bottomed Pyrex dishes and stack them on top. I guess I'll have to take my crock into the store next time and shop around the Pyrex aisle for a while to find something that fits.

Looking forward to more mod ideas from the Brethren!:thumb:

ce qui dans le monde est une mijoteuse?

Est-ce la façon dont vous les fous ça?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojGxwwdeKyY"]Simple Slow Cooker Chili - YouTube[/ame]

Beautiful Aura

I don't even know where to begin on all the things that I think are wrong with that video.:tsk:

Ground beef?:crazy:

OK, to be fair, the wife and kids favorite chili recipe uses ground beef, but I make my own chili separate from theirs, and I prefer leftover pulled pork, brisket or chuck or something along those lines.:thumb: That's just my own personal thing, though. I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just saying it's crazy.:loco:

And who the fark puts beans in their farking chili?:mad:

But, I do recognize that some like beans for some reason. The wife and kids like beans in their ground beef based chili.:twitch: It's a good thing I love them.:becky:

Curry powder is an intriguing twist. I can't recall having tried that before, to be perfectly honest. It might work as long as it's not overdone, just to add a little intrigue. BUT THEN IT'S NOT REAL CHILI!:mad:

And WHO the FARK eats chili with farking WHITE BREAD?:mad: It's CORNBREAD or NOTHING!:mad2:

Cripe-a-farka-mitey folks. What kinda place is this???

Ground beef, beans and curry powder in chili?:tsk:

I didn't mention the corn because I was afraid I might have an aneurism.

Back