New to the FL Panhandle

FloridaBBQGuy

Found some matches.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
FBG
Hi all, new to the Panhandle and looking for a source of hickory wood. Have a Lang on order and would love to have a good amount sitting here waiting. For those in the FL Panhandle, lower GA or AL area, where is your go to for hickory? I can buy bags at Lowe's/Home Depot but its minimum amounts.

The places around here that sell firewood, also sell wood for smoking.

Not sure if firewood places are even "a thing" in the pan handle though TBH

Great prices on Craigslist in your area, about half what I would have to pay for comparable amounts where I am on the West Coast just South of Tampa Bay.

Thanks for the intel! We just got pack from Pensacola. We went to the Butcher Shoppe and got some fantastic A9 Wagyu Brisket Points and full packers. Also picked up some St Louis cut ribs. Im about a month out from my new Lang being delivered but any an all suggestions are very much welcomed.

FBG

Welcome to the panhandle. Do a Facebook marketplace search in crestview or defuniak for wood. If you’re in crestview for lunch, hit up dessi’s country buffet ! Best southern cooking in the panhandle

Welcome! I’m no help being 3000 miles away amd in a completely different climate, but I’ve found good results with the aforementioned Craigslist and facebook marketplace.

Once you get settled…we wanna see some cooks!!!

Back