The Never Ending PORK CHOP Thread

So far, none of those entries look like the chops my boss cooked the other day...:puke:

Entries look great so far.

We don't have any good pork chops around here. Seems like most of the nice juicy pork chops with some fat are out of the U.S. Maybe Phrasty can send some out this way.

We need to find a secret source for those too :becky:

Just remember everyone, extra points for a money shot showing it's cooked perfectly :hungry:

Hickory & Pecan Smoked Pork Loin Chops

OK, here's my stab at Pork Chops:

Original post HERE:

www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114585

The Missus picked up these two fine specimens the other day at a local ethnic market we frequent:

IMG_5045.jpg

These are just SO much better than what we get at local supermarket!

I decided to dust them with some Rub Co. BBQ seasoning, which I've really been enjoying lately:

IMG_5047.jpg

Here they are cooking at the final stage:

IMG_5059.jpg

When they reached 145 degrees internal, I pulled them and let them rest for a bit:

IMG_5062.jpg

Plated and ready to eat:

TDMoneyShot4.jpg

Note to Mods: If the above pic would be a DQ, use the one above it for the last pic.

Moose,
Looks tasty. I like the photo above the DQ better. Though, I think I've only voted for the winner once. :doh:

I can either Short Bus it, or use the other photo. Or, since this is going to be THE LAST MASTERS CUT CONTEST, I could just say to farken hell with the rules and let anything go...maybe even bump up the minimum entries...

ANYTHING GOES AT THIS POINT!:becky:

ATTENTION LOSERS (since nobody has won yet you are all still LOSERS)

PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING CHANGES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!

The next cut we are going to master is...

PORK CHOPS!
whole-pork-loin.jpg

Photo from Easy-BBQ-Recipes.com.

*** THESE RULES ARE DIFFERENT FROM THROWDOWS - SEE BELOW ***

If you don't know what farking PORK CHOPS are then get a brain and get the fark outta here!:mad:

Do you think you have what it takes to be the PORK CHOPS MASTER??? Well, PROVE IT!!!:twisted:

Here are the rules for the BBQ Brethren PORK CHOPS Master contest.

1. NO MORE RULES
2. Your item must be cooked in some sort of fashion that is BBQ.

OK all you wannabe BBQ'ers, LET'S GET COOKING!!!:cool: There can be only one PORK CHOPS MASTER!:boxing: Do you have what it takes to become the PORK CHOPS MASTER?

NEXT CUT: NOTHING! (this will be the final Masters Cut contest)

So does Rule #1 override Rule #2?

If a bus traveling 45 miles an hour reaches Chicago before a swan can land on that big white opera thingy can we open a new jar of Blues Hog?

Oh and my daughter wants to know if mosquitoes have families?

Thanks. I'll take my answers off the air.

So, the three photos and all that stuff is out the window? There is no longer a time frame? I can buy already cooked chops from a gourmet restaurant, put them on a plate, and enter them?

Did somebody threaten you with a large bull with pointy horns?

CD

So, the three photos and all that stuff is out the window? There is no longer a time frame? I can buy already cooked chops from a gourmet restaurant, put them on a plate, and enter them?

Did somebody threaten you with a large bull with pointy horns?

CD
No threats. Just too much confusion about the rules. What really sealed it for me was that some people were starting to think they couldn't use gas grills in the Throwdowns. So I had to kill this thing.

Wait, we have to use gassers now? What about a gas powered crockpot?
Please see the updated rules below for clarification!:becky:

bigabyte said:
ATTENTION LOSERS (since nobody has won yet you are all still LOSERS)

PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING CHANGES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!

The next cut we are going to master is...

PORK CHOPS!
whole-pork-loin.jpg

Photo from Easy-BBQ-Recipes.com.

*** THESE RULES ARE DIFFERENT FROM THROWDOWS - SEE BELOW ***

If you don't know what farking PORK CHOPS are then get a brain and get the fark outta here!:mad:

Do you think you have what it takes to be the PORK CHOPS MASTER??? Well, PROVE IT!!!:twisted:

Here are the rules for the BBQ Brethren PORK CHOPS Master contest.

1. NO MORE RULES
2. Your item must be cooked in some sort of fashion that is BBQ.

OK all you wannabe BBQ'ers, LET'S GET COOKING!!!:cool: There can be only one PORK CHOPS MASTER!:boxing: Do you have what it takes to become the PORK CHOPS MASTER?

NEXT CUT: NOTHING! (this will be the final Masters Cut contest)

I can either Short Bus it, or use the other photo. Or, since this is going to be THE LAST MASTERS CUT CONTEST, I could just say to farken hell with the rules and let anything go...maybe even bump up the minimum entries...

ANYTHING GOES AT THIS POINT!:becky:

If that's the case...

Grilled Pork Chops with Todd's Dirt and Sweet Lucy Mustard Glaze.

Our friends at 4 Smokin' Butts Competition BBQ Team introduced us to Sweet Lucy, a bourbon liqueur from Tennessee. It's Goooooodddd stuff! So, Parsley Lady was looking at recipes for pork chops and came across a bourbon mustard glaze that I adapted to use Sweet Lucy.

It started with a couple of thick cut boneless loin chops which were brined in a mix of water, Kosher salt, honey and soy sauce. Those were then rinsed, dried and rubbed with a little EVOO and then given a dusting of Todd's Dirt. They then sat for about 30 minutes to let the oil rehydrate the rub.

IMG_0749.JPG

I had plans to use these as an entry into the Pork Chop Masters Throwdown and grill them on the Egg but I was stuck in meetings much later than I had hoped, so I fell back to the gasser :shocked:. I seared them over direct heat for a couple of minutes per side and finished them indirect until the internal temp was 140. then I gave them two layers of glaze as took them off of the grill at 150 internal to rest.

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

Brothers and Sisters, these did not suck! The chops were moist and tender and the glaze had a nice combination of sweet and tangy. I will definitely make these again.

Here is the approximate recipe for the glaze...

Sweet Lucy Mustard Glaze

3 T Butter
1 t minced garlic
1/4 C stone ground mustard
2 T packed brown sugar
3 T Sweet Lucy
1 1/2 t Worcestershire
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a sauce pan and saute the garlic for about 1 minute. add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk until smooth. bring to a boil and boil for about a minute to cook off the alcohol. Glaze the chops during the last 5 - 10 minutes of cooking.

Back