"Lamb!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Feb. 6th!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Lamb!"

Y6aZIz0.jpg

This was R2Egg2Q's winning entry in the 2018 "Lamb Chops" Throwdown.

As chosen by food4thot for winning the "Soups, Stews, & Chili" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

food4thot said:
Let's do "Lamb" for the next Throwdown - we haven't had one since 2019! Chops, shanks, leg, ribs, whatever cut you like!

You may submit entries that are cooked from 1/20 through 2/6.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday, 2/6.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Not sure that will work. I'll throw my hat in the ring though. Summertime here and it's always good for some grilled lamb one way or the other.

Word of advice: Just stay away from a rack of lamb. That's stupid expensive, even here in downside up land... and I don't see the attraction. Too lean. Too easy to overcook.

Cheers!

Bill

Not sure that will work. I'll throw my hat in the ring though. Summertime here and it's always good for some grilled lamb one way or the other.

Word of advice: Just stay away from a rack of lamb. That's stupid expensive, even here in downside up land... and I don't see the attraction. Too lean. Too easy to overcook.

Cheers!

Bill

We get Australian and New Zealand racks here. While the NZ is pretty good it doesn't compare to the Australian lamb racks. Always nicely marbled, fatty and delicious bill. Used to pay $7.99/lb for NZ and $8.99 to 10.99/lb for Australian up until about year or so ago when everything went up. It's about $16/lb now at Costco and I find it still decently priced for the times. As a matter of fact I'm on my way to get some. :grin: I love me a rack of lambs.

V5FQjgnh.jpg

q1Y4iJuh.jpg

Compared to cooking a rack of lamb whole, vs cutting them in chops, I much prefer the separate chops. Lots more surface area to get seasonings on.

We get Australian and New Zealand racks here. While the NZ is pretty good it doesn't compare to the Australian lamb racks. Always nicely marbled, fatty and delicious bill. Used to pay $7.99/lb for NZ and $8.99 to 10.99/lb for Australian up until about year or so ago when everything went up. It's about $16/lb now at Costco and I find it still decently priced for the times. As a matter of fact I'm on my way to get some. :grin: I love me a rack of lambs.

V5FQjgnh.jpg

q1Y4iJuh.jpg
There's a Fogo de Chão Brazilian steakhouse nearby with really good rack of lamb. However, it doesn't look as good as yours. :thumb:

V5FQjgnh.jpg

q1Y4iJuh.jpg

Quite frankly I'd be struggling to do anything that well. I'd have to stop drinking for a start...:tape:

so I hear there's a lamb throwdown? here's my official entry

well I bought some nice lamb chops but that wouldn't be much fun...how about something different

last week I picked up some ground lamb from the market

this morning I sous vided some eggs for breakfast and I had some leftover. that when the idea hit me....lamb scotch egg! maybe call it an aussie egg

I used the last of my smokey chili lime. gonna have to ration the rest of my stash of oakridge

I cooked the eggs at 400 on the pit boss for about 20 minutes

polling photo

it was very good

Unlike smoke ninja, I decided to be no fun. Lamb Chops. :becky: Sorry, no cook thread.

Found a recipe for Korean chops, decided it was different enough to give it a go, although I did add some Gochugaru, a Korean red pepper powder for a little kick.

Seasoned up with some Naturiffic Lamb rub and onto the Big Joe.

D6N75yEh.jpg

HaQE0IBh.jpg

Add some Korean glaze.

X2JG9CKh.jpg

zkeCkqNh.jpg

Time for eats. Please use this as my entry.

DEevQjch.jpg

Back