"My Favorite Cut of Beef!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Dec. 18th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"My Favorite Cut of Beef!"

lifbtbxh.jpg

This was tom b's entry in the 2018 Beef Tenderloin Master Throwdown

As chosen by ssv3 for winning the "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

ssv3 said:
What's your favorite cut of beef? Cook it grilled, smoked, however you like according to standard Throwdown rules.

You may submit entries that are cooked from 12/1 through 12/18.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on 12/18.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Craig, I don't think so, as a "cut" would normally be defined as a cross section(sub-primal) of a specific part of the animal(primal) as I understand it.

Well... Sirloin is a "cut", so wouldn't ground sirloin be a variation of that? Shaved, sliced, cubed, ground.. it's still sirloin right?

Wish this was a multi entry TD

Still got 44 Farms ribs and brisket to cook and doing another rib roast tonight….boneless prime grade

Gonna be a fun TD that’s for sure

Last edited:
Wish this was a multi entry TD

Still got 44 Farms ribs and brisket to cook and doing another rib roast tonight….boneless prime grade

Gonna be a fun TD that’s for sure

Wish it ran till Jan 1st, would open up a lot more options.

Tough Challenge already. Gonna be hard to beat that Picanha. That fat cap looks yellow/caramelized like the fat cap on a brisket that's been smoked for 12+ hours.

My favorite cut of beef is tenderloin. I like to cook and serve it as Beef Wellington with the potatoes and sauce. My wife loves this. I always cook a 2 person portion when we buy a whole beef tenderloin.

My favorite cut is the one that's in front of me!

But if I'm choosing, it'd probably be NY Strip. Hmm. I wonder if I have any in the freezer. Need to go look.

I'll hold you to that. It's my favourite cut too but I can't find any here right now.

Its not easy to find here either. RD carries it but you have to buy a whole case. Not sure i want to spend $100+ just for a TD that lm pretty sure Lunchman's Picanha is going to win. ( i know he has my vote )

Back