***The Hanging and Spinning Meat Appreciation Thread***

Here is an old roast spinning technique from 1940. You attach a paddle to the rope or wire holding the roast. Hot air from the fire causes it to spin. Arranging the logs as shown acts as an automatic fire feeder.

Hot%20Air%20Rotisserie%20-%201940_zpsx6vutmkt.jpg

Here is an old roast spinning technique from 1940. You attach a paddle to the rope or wire holding the roast. Hot air from the fire causes it to spin. Arranging the logs as shown acts as an automatic fire feeder.

Hot%20Air%20Rotisserie%20-%201940_zpsx6vutmkt.jpg

If someone here could make that and make it work that'd be in the epic category!

There we go....i bet you're liking your new toys! Basket cooks yet?
Not yet. I was looking at the hot dog attachment setting in front of the ring in the picture
rough%20rot_zpsbthvbvof.jpg

and thinking about the current throw down, though. I can't remember it ever being used by my father.

Not yet. I was looking at the hot dog attachment setting in front of the ring in the picture
rough%20rot_zpsbthvbvof.jpg

and thinking about the current throw down, though. I can't remember it ever being used by my father.

Ha PERFECT! I love that thing, way cool! It's the kind of thing you won't find anywhere.

Those are way cool! I have something i want you to try on it sometime. What's the weight capacity for meat?

Honestly, I have no idea. From the pics that the inventor has posted, it holds quite a lot of meat so long as it is skewered properly.

I'm not there yet :shock:

The motor, brackets and rod are from a chargriller unit I had. The H bracket I built from some scrap 1" square steel tube.

Back