The call

The covered trailer is not a problem. Just gives you a little lift at high speeds. You just need to carry 200 MPH duct tape and your good to go.

Or some good ole hay wire, used to make many a temporary repair with used baler wire. Hopefully I can keep the old Ford at a little less than two hundred mph lol.

Great news! I just sent my deposit in on my Shirley Fab cooker today. Post pictures once you get it. Smoke on!

Thanks, I am defiantly excited, I have always wanted a quality cooker. Grew up cooking whole hogs on charcoal and gas. A volunteer fireman retired, we would annually cook 30 to 35 hogs to raise funds for the local vol fire dept. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work. I never had a cooker to call my own. Your time will pass quicker than you think. You will get your call and it will all come together. I will post pictures.

Family, charity and good will is what I hope to give back with my new Shirley. Hope I can learn how to fire this thing up and cook some good food and do it finally on my own equipment.

Trying to help pass the time away. I do not have an estimated completion date but I am making plans for the trip to get her. Planning to pick her up with the truck camper and go to the nearest camp ground and season her up. I would hate to get her wet before she is seasoned. Anyone know of camp grounds in the area. This is what I plan to drive to pick her up.

Do you all see any reason not to go to Tuscaloosa in this rig? Would I be better off just using truck and getting a hotel room. All ideas welcomed. Thanks Barry

Tannehill state park is 35 miles from me... Google it... Much history surrounds this place.. They made cannon balls thre in the civil war... It is beautiful there... Or you can drive down and stay at my place free.... The shop is spitting distance from my house...third weekend of every month they have trade days at Tannehill.. I love it.. And get a lot of cast iron there... What sucks is i came home today and our forklift had blown. Head gasket....

Tyler has called and a new Shirley will soon be here. 24x65 with straight back and 3 racks with all the goodies he has to offer. I will now have to start planning my trip to Tuscaloosa.
Thats going to be an adventure for this old farm boy.
Hey, not a problem - have them deliver it up here, and I will "keep" it for you. Heck, I might even season it for you. And cook some ribs, and some briskies and some butts and some fatties. Just to help you.....

Thanks TuscaloosaQ, will look up the camp ground. Thanks for the invite to camp at your house, that's what I call hospitality you all are awesome!!!
Revkab, that is a great offer to help me out with my new cooker, how long before you deliver it to the east coast?

Congrats on the Shirley! What I have learned about my SF is a little fire makes GOOD results! It will be easier than you think.

Thanks PaPaQ, I am prepared for the learning curve. Hoping it doesn't take too long and too many lbs to figure it out. It will be fun at any rate.

Back