Ribeye Roast Last Evening

Headgear

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
David
I did what I hope maybe my last cook on the Fat Daddy offset, reverse flow, stick burner. I am expecting a call from Kevin about delivering my new tricked-out Shirley 24x36 Patio with a warmer. Kevin told me it was ready but because of the weather, he has not been able to make it up this way yet. I cannot wait!!!

Anyway, here are some pics from last night's cook. I tried cooking a roast a little differently this time. I have only done two before and reverse-seared them after smoking. We thought we might see if we had a better bark and smoke flavor just taking it right out of the smoker. It looks pretty good and sure tasted good. It was 34 degrees internal when I started, and I took it up to 128 since I was not going to sear it. You can see that it was a little more cooked around the edges, but I kind of like that. It had a little better crust and medium-rare-plus in the center. It was very good, how could it not be though? :smile:

You can also see I put a Combustion, Inc., predictive probe in. I absolutely love that thing! It tells us exactly when food will be done and I also use a Smoke X and get identical temps. I also love that I can leave it in and watch the over-run. I cut the meat at 132, and could not be happier.

Attachments

• PXL_20240125_220753705.jpg
    PXL_20240125_220753705.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 188
  • PXL_20240125_220455929.jpg
    PXL_20240125_220455929.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 188
  • PXL_20240125_214044543.jpg
    PXL_20240125_214044543.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 192
Your "Farewell" Cook looks great.

Congrats on your new Shirley, you are really going to enjoy cooking on it. Kevin is great with his deliveries and trust him to get it to you safe and sound.

He delivered a tricked out 24x36 Patio with Warmer built by Paul to me last Spring and couldn't be happier with how it all turned out from working with Paul on the Build to the delivery by Kevin.....he even helped me push it up the driveway and into my garage. Can't beat delivery service like that.

Looks great, We have seared steaks on a fairly regular basis so mixing it up with a roast is always good eats

Over the holidays while we were in Krogers, I checked out the meat dept., and they had ribeye roasts for $7.99/lb. I never smoked one and at that $, I could not resist. It turned out great. My wife just loved it! Shortly after that, I was hanging out with a neighbor who needed to pick some things up (Krogers) for a Xmas party. I got a two-bone and cut it up into big ribeyes to see how they tasted. Excellent! I went back and bought several more, wrapped them up, and froze them. I wish I had gotten ten of them. The guy said that they only offer them a couple of times a year during different holidays. I need a larger vacuum sealer before the next time they have those. I'll be keeping an eye out and will be loading up, lol

Back