The Butcher Shoppe Fancy A9 Wagyu (Saturday)

Went on around 5am
11XlG9Pl.jpg

pUZq5HHl.jpg

548b1BBl.jpg

Is it done yet?

What temp are you running the smoker at? Very curious to hear your results and impressions.

Is it done yet?

What temp are you running the smoker at? Very curious to hear your results and impressions.

No :-D. First I slowly warm it to death running low as we cook overnight and then bump up temp around 5am in the 275-300 range to finish after wrapping. So this time shift has me bumping temp in about an hour.

Why aren't you using the Shirley?!? And $150 for a brisket? Holy bejoly!!! My wife would divorce me if I spent that much on any meat!

Why aren't you using the Shirley?!? And $150 for a brisket? Holy bejoly!!! My wife would divorce me if I spent that much on any meat!

Ha. We use the backwoods for events so doing kind of a practice for fun. And ya the fancy stuff ain't cheap. I always joke if someone needs a good hobby to violently hemorrhage $$ then start up a healthy competition schedule :becky:.

Basically trying out another brand of wagyu. I also have 54lbs of brisket coming from Mr Brisket to try out their "Imperial" stuff. And that is 2 briskets so got a few big boys coming :-D

Here it is when wrapping. 2 of these things go into the pan :-D
UhDCjkal.jpg

170 at this time
Cv1MoeVl.jpg

Made some pasta salad with random veggies from the garden and some spinach from the fridge
xs63nY4l.jpg

ZdTzIdzl.jpg

5MbXa56l.jpg

Threw some rib tips on too
CswMRk4l.jpg

fsLHOIMl.jpg

RLxZwTYl.jpg

As of now it's cooking similar to other wagyu's. This one is a little smaller than I normally start with so might finish a little sooner. After wrapping it take 2-3hrs to finish up typically

Just gonna leave this here as the brisket says everything you want to hear......
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGpYiPx6M0"]Noisy Brisket Probing - YouTube[/ame]

Came off after 2hrs in the foil. Right at 200 degrees. So will rest for about 4hrs in the cambro before it comes out
dQmWOEBl.jpg

mes5Zmyl.jpg

gUWfl3hl.jpg

Wife made Orange Creamsicle cheesecake for today and Almond Joy cheesecake for tomorrow :-D
mLRSznfl.jpg

gvdqOMFl.jpg

Hadn't seen this beer before and a liquor store had them for $4 a 6pack to get rid of them and man I wish I had bought a bunch more at that price. Really solid and refreshing
UZH3DRql.jpg

What's the recipe for the cheesecake? Just kidding. Someone always asks...

It's videos like the probing one that always has me thinking that you are a genius or insane. Where do you weigh in on that?

What's the recipe for the cheesecake? Just kidding. Someone always asks...

It's videos like the probing one that always has me thinking that you are a genius or insane. Where do you weigh in on that?

I've seen my wife make all her cheesecakes of course, but you could literally give me a million dollars for the recipe and I'd have no idea what exactly she does/quantities :loco:. Granted for a million I'd guess I could ask her :becky:

For your 2nd question I think I'm more in the disappointing circle. Aim low baby!!

Back