THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

newbie_nick

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Nick
Hello BBQ brethren!

I am new to the forum but not really new to smoking. Currently, I'm running a Backwoods 3400 reverse flow, but I would like to do some stick burning. I like the consistency of the reverse flow, but I always struggle to get clean smoke from the 3400.

As I've been looking at smokers, I saw T&K's vertical offset, and I thought that it might be the best of both worlds. The insulated firebox and cooker door makes me think that it would be more efficient/consistent than a traditional side box smoker. It looks like I could either stick burn or add a charcoal basket if I wanted to run a bit longer cook with more consistency.

Does anybody have any experience with these? Any thoughts on my logic above?

Thanks!
Nick

I have zero experience with the T&K offset. I can tell you that Todd builds a nice cooker and will help you in any way possible. Really nice guy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you really want the best of both worlds look up ironside smokers, vertical insulated cabinets that you can wood burn in. They even have a new option to add a pellet feed so it ends up being a 3 in 1. I will warn you though, they are expensive.

anything Todd builds is top notch and owned a reverse flow cabinet smoker and bet it works great and he tests them out real good . There is a face book group too you might check out if you do not get your answer on here .

Thank you for the feedback on T&K. I've heard only good things about working with Todd. Maybe I need to just reach out to him and ask his thoughts.

Does anybody have any experience with T&K reverse flow smokers? I've always thought that my 3400 didn't have a big enough exhaust opening to get good airflow.

I have a T&K Gravity Feed. I have had it for two months and have cooked with it a bunch. It's fantastic! Not a reverse flow, but very have with the company.

Back