T&K vertical offset

newbie_nick

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Nick
Hello BBQ brethren!

I am new to the forum but not really new to smoking. Currently, I'm running a Backwoods 3400 reverse flow, but I would like to do some stick burning. I like the consistency of the reverse flow, but I always struggle to get clean smoke from the 3400.

As I've been looking at smokers, I saw T&K's vertical offset, and I thought that it might be the best of both worlds. The insulated firebox and cooker door makes me think that it would be more efficient/consistent than a traditional side box smoker. It looks like I could either stick burn or add a charcoal basket if I wanted to run a bit longer cook with more consistency.

Does anybody have any experience with these? Any thoughts on my logic above?

Thanks!
Nick

I have zero experience with the T&K offset. I can tell you that Todd builds a nice cooker and will help you in any way possible. Really nice guy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you really want the best of both worlds look up ironside smokers, vertical insulated cabinets that you can wood burn in. They even have a new option to add a pellet feed so it ends up being a 3 in 1. I will warn you though, they are expensive.

anything Todd builds is top notch and owned a reverse flow cabinet smoker and bet it works great and he tests them out real good . There is a face book group too you might check out if you do not get your answer on here .

Thank you for the feedback on T&K. I've heard only good things about working with Todd. Maybe I need to just reach out to him and ask his thoughts.

Does anybody have any experience with T&K reverse flow smokers? I've always thought that my 3400 didn't have a big enough exhaust opening to get good airflow.

I have a T&K Gravity Feed. I have had it for two months and have cooked with it a bunch. It's fantastic! Not a reverse flow, but very have with the company.

If Todd builds it, it will be great quality and workmanship. I cooked a lot in a Extra Large gravity feed from T&K.

Back