Stupid question..... Am I a Pitmaster?

this was brought up a mere 7 years ago. Do you look at a fallen tree as your next fuel source? , .. :)

Yes Phil I for sure look at the next fallen tree as my next fuel source! :clap:

Point the direction to the next fallen tree trunk, large, medium and some smaller branches of good cooking wood and I'm there! For me turning that wood into not only cooking heat but fire light is not only a blessing but produces some mighty fine Q!

I dont think a pitmaster needs to be a competitive chef, a professional chef or depend on his BBQ for income. I think a pitmaster is one that can produce consistent quality BBQ, ON ANY BBQ PIT, with confidence, passion and dedication to the craft.

Can you cook on ANY TYPE of pit and have it turn out consistently good product, even the first time out?

Do you have the confidence and knowledge to conquer challenges, seen or unseen and produce quality BBQ. (Think Kitchen Impossible)? Would you survive?

Do you have the heart(or desire) to put your BBQ against the best and walk away proud of your product regardless of outcome?

Do you look at a fallen tree as your next fuel source?

if you answered yes to the above........ You are a pitmaster. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:mrgreen:

Now you just gave me an idea for a new season of bbq pitmasters tv show.

Me and ms ninja watch this awesomely bad show called ink master hosted, quite comedicly, by Dave Navarro.

The judges (term used loosely) test contestants in all styles of tattoo. You cant be the best at any one style, you have too be well rounded to be the ink master.

In the new pitmaster they could have contestants have to cook on varies pit styles.

Ribs on a vertical water smoker, brisket on a kamodo, ect

In the end the one who can put out the best Q will be declared the pit master.

Quick lets see if Navarro is busy....he may actually be better than the last guy.

And no more side dish challenges!

Back