THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't tried Stubbs briquettes yet, but for that price I'll give it a shot.

Do people use Stubb's with the Minion method reliably? I have gone through a couple bags, but only for grilling in my kettle. And the white smoke output when the chimney was firing-up is pretty crazy for a while. But the reduced ash was awesome.

I haven't tried it with the Minion method before but would like to give it a shot ...

I stick to lump for minion method unlit coals, while using 8-10 fully ashed over briquettes to get it started.

I'm a lump(y) guy and first tried Stubbs this past early spring when Lowes had it clearanced at $4.xx and I bought 10 bags.

I've been using it on and off since. It's not bad for a briq. It has more ash and smokes too much at start up (nature of the briq beast) than I like to deal with, but it's tolerable and is better (less ash, less stench) than KBB, imo.

I'll buy it when cheap to supplement my inventory. Bought 9 bags for $38.91 yesterday. Good deal. :clap2:

Stubbs is really good stuff, this is the 3rd sale they've had this year and I make a point to grab at least 6 bags each time. Best advice is to order online and go pick it up. That should ensure that you don't miss out. My shed is looking like a small charcoal warehouse.

Cheese N rice...
4 pages!
build a UDS
someone had to say it :loco:

Well if they did build a uds thanks to this sale they'd have plenty of charcoal to cook with. Im not sure why i even bought 6 bags. I still have 4 bags of kingsford from last labor days sale and thats with giving away several. Guess im just programed for a deal. Actually i resisted in buying only 6.

Would of been a lot better if I didnt have to fight with my local Lowes to get the sale price. The lowes in Westland truly sucks.....

I was in Westland last week for a job. Show the sales add to the M.O.D. and they should hook it up

I was in Westland last week for a job. Show the sales add to the M.O.D. and they should hook it up

Thats what I had to do. They had the old 15lb tag still hanging but the guy refused to believe me when I told him it was on sale. My persistence paid off....Ive always been a home depot man myself

It never goes on sale down here. Funny thing is at Lowes it is 2 dollars more than it is a Wally World (when they have it) right next door.

I picked up 10 bags to try. Usually just stock up at HD on Kingsford. HD should put Kingsford on sale 1 more time this year next Thursday.

Back