THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
.....to me anyway

https://marketrealist.com/p/sriracha-shortage-2022/

I like Huy Fong Rooster Sriracha. To me it has a good Chile flavor and not just heat like some other Sriracha I've tried.
Couple days ago I checked labels on the smaller bottles while aisle surfing with walmartians. They had large and small bottles. I bought three smalls with best buy dates through 2024. Should be gtg

Love Sriracha too. Been using it way before it went mainstream. BUT THEN... Below happened. Still love Sriracha but I def can get by with the Tabasco version. Tried a mess of em but Tabasco version reigns supreme. Original is still original for the record but I'm good in this time of crisis.

41rMMREoqRL.jpg

Couldn't find it at Walmart or one local grocer, but another localish one (Hy-Vee) had 7 or 8 large bottles on the shelf, so I picked up one....needed to make some spicy tuna rolls and somehow my sriracha I thought I had in the fridge disappeared.

Cmon. Just make your own. It's super easy-only takes 3 months, and barely costs like 10x as much.

Saw the article the other day. Grabbed an extra jar of their Chili Garlic Sauce, I use it a heck of a lot more than the sriracha.

Doesn't take that long Justin. Believe me I tried, :becky: When Fresno chilis aren't in season is what's a biatch. Pretty much fully ripened jalapenos. Takes a week at best from start to finish.

20140424_133038.jpg

20140424_135445.jpg

20140427_211956.jpg

Real on left my version right

20140428_095351.jpg

I LOVE Sriracha - don’t get me wrong, BUT……. Seems like they went downhill several years back.

I know that they had a bunch of problems when they expanded. They originally had only one “Farm” that provided their peppers due to very high standards, plus they fought with the Neighbors over a lawsuit about the Odor produced by their processing facility (I think it was only about one month out of the year for the production issue that caused the odor)

It was OUTSTANDING then.

Then they expanded. Still good, but not the same.

May have to give the Tabasco version a shot.

Couldn't find it at Walmart or one local grocer, but another localish one (Hy-Vee) had 7 or 8 large bottles on the shelf, so I picked up one....needed to make some spicy tuna rolls and somehow my sriracha I thought I had in the fridge disappeared.

We have a ton of places down here that sell it. Not sweating it. Worst case scenario is wiping the dust of the bottles since it so readily available.

Doesn't take that long Justin. Believe me I tried, :becky: When Fresno chilis aren't in season is what's a biatch. Pretty much fully ripened jalapenos. Takes a week at best from start to finish.

I've tried a few versions, and didn't like the shorter ferments nearly as much. Then again, on the batches I smoked before blending, it helped to offset the shorter rest time.

John,

I still like the original but the tabasco version is neck and neck if not better.

I LOVE Sriracha - don’t get me wrong, BUT……. Seems like they went downhill several years back.

I know that they had a bunch of problems when they expanded. They originally had only one “Farm” that provided their peppers due to very high standards, plus they fought with the Neighbors over a lawsuit about the Odor produced by their processing facility (I think it was only about one month out of the year for the production issue that caused the odor)

It was OUTSTANDING then.

Then they expanded. Still good, but not the same.

May have to give the Tabasco version a shot.

I've tried a few versions, and didn't like the shorter ferments nearly as much. Then again, on the batches I smoked before blending, it helped to offset the shorter rest time.

:nod:

You know your hot sauces brother! Gotta say it's great in a pinch though.

:nod:

You know your hot sauces brother! Gotta say it's great in a pinch though.

It's just the one I've toyed with a bit. Wanted to make a spin on them as giftmas presents, and have been toying with fermenting since. The nice thing is it's easy to just let it sit on the shelf and "I'll get to that next week" And I've listened to feedback on details I can't pick out on my own.

It's just the one I've toyed with a bit. Wanted to make a spin on them as giftmas presents, and have been toying with fermenting since. The nice thing is it's easy to just let it sit on the shelf and "I'll get to that next week" And I've listened to feedback on details I can't pick out on my own.

Only if we really had the time right?

"In a letter dated April 19, 2022, Huy Fong Foods states it's facing a “severe shortage of chili” due to weather conditions impacting the quality of chili peppers. It says all orders received after April 19 will be delivered after Labor Day, which falls on Sept. 6."

I just came from Kroger.
A guy had just cleaned out their supply.
He said he used it "at work" and his supplier can't get any.

Luckily for me, I'm not a fan of it.

I'm gonna look for the Shark sauce. Wife is wanting one of those Brooms carried in Asian specific sto res

We always have some on hand. Last year MSD made some that was outstanding - The family snatched most of it up. We planted more peppers this year and plan to stock up.

Back