Texas Pete Sriracha

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Sriracha shortage, Huy Fong specifically appears to be over. Articles followed by comments are pretty entertaining. Original pepper supplier reportedly has their own Sriracha sauce. People saying the Rooster.sauce now tastes different, looks different, tastes better, thicker thinner all over the map. Multiple comments on increased cost. Anyway I survived the shortage with some of rooster, have Tabasco Sriracha, more bottles of hot sauce than a person needs.

Anyway I just saw where Texas Pete has a 1gram sugar Sriracha. Which makes me think I need to find Texas Pete Sriracha. Less sugar to me means more garlic, vinegar etc. I like that idea. The hunt starts now.

Last edited:
The thrill of the hunt helps the taste. :))

Like today my Bride wanted to make a lap at Dollar Tree. Found Goya pepper sauce for a few pesos north of a buck. I'm in no hurry, but I shall look

I have about 1/8th of a bottle of Rooster sriracha left that I'm using sparingly, but I picked up a bottle of Trader Joe's sriracha last time I was there for when it runs out. I just checked, it also has 1 gram of sugar, and 0g added sugar so it must be sugars already in the peppers, or some other ingredient. Though for reference the Huy Fong sriracha has zero sugars in it. Maybe that's why I like it so much.

Back